Wash, DC to Barcelona ideas?

ddcruiser

Has anyone flown DC area (we would go out of Baltimore as well) to Barcelona? Any suggestions for avoiding Heathrow? Is there any non-stop? If you go through Madrid, is there a train to Barcelona or do you have to take another flight? We are going mid-May. Thanks for any help. Ddcruiser

Has anyone flown DC area (we would go out of Baltimore as well) to Barcelona? Any suggestions for avoiding Heathrow? Is there any non-stop? If you go through Madrid, is there a train to Barcelona or do you have to take another flight? We are going mid-May. Thanks for any help. Ddcruiser

Why do you want to avoid Heathrow?

I know that Delta has a non-stop JFK-BCN, you could perhaps connect to that from IAD. I've also seen connections via Madrid (yes, by air), Zurich, Frankfurt and Amsterdam, depending on the airline.

Are you more concerned with budget or convenience of flights?

I also am not sure why you'd want to avoid LHR. I don't know of any nonstops from IAD/DCA/BWI. There is a nonstop on US from PHL, if you were willing to leave from there, or another nonstop from EWR on CO. AA and DL fly nonstop from JFK, but are more expensive than the other options.

There is a train from Madrid, the trip takes over three hours. You can fly roundtrip from MAD-BCN on Air Europa or Vueling for ~$100 round trip. The train schedules aren't out for May yet, but I just priced this for a January trip, and by rail the cost was $176 for one way; not a bargain in my eyes.

Iberia has nonstop service from Dulles to Madrid daily; you then go through passport control, ride an automatic train to the other part of Terminal 4 at Madrid, and connect to another Iberia flight to Barcelona. No problems, Heathrow avoided, quickest route, piece of cake.

Americans are so well informed about my country, that I don´t have to add anything. Most confortable and even cheap: plane either with Air Europa, Spanair, Vueling or Iberia. But only with Iberia and Vueling you don´t have to change the terminal. In case you opt for the AVE High Speed train, you have to take a taxi to downtown, or tube to Atocha Station at the south of Madrid.

Archived