Parking at Port of Miami?

pharaoh

Forgive me if this has been asked and answered numerous times before, but I couldn't find anything that answers my question.

Parking at Miami seems super expensive to me. Not necessarily more so than other ports, but more than I'd like to spend on parking in my home city. Do you think it would be better to take a cab from my house to the port and back?

Any other locals out there? What do you do re: parking? I read someplace that some cabbies charge a flat rate for a ride to the port -- does anyone have any information about that?

A quick Google turned up some random fare calculator, which put the cost from my house to the port at around $67. Double that and it wouldn't be very different than just parking, would it?

If cab from your house is $67 each way, you need to find parking less than the $134 to make it worth your while. You don't say how long you will be gone. But it its a week, if it is 20$ a day at the port, you are at 140$. Figure in a tip for the cab and you are the same.

That being what it is, I'd leave my car at home where it is safest.

Another option is to "hire" a friend or relative at least one way. Offer them 20 dollars if you have to and you'll have a cheap ride. You must know someone with a teenager looking for some extra cash.;)

We have a reciprocal arrangement with other couples to provide rides. Works great. Saves us parking and gives us door to door service when flying from our home airport.

The flat rate for a cab is from MIA to POM - $24 + tip for the cab. Perhaps you could get a friend to give you a ride to the airport (if you are lucky you could share a cab with other cruisers and split the cost). $55-60 round trip saves you $80 or so. Good luck!:)

Archived