Security at NY port for the Gem

deshler

Hi I was wondering if anyone knows if the security at the Ny port has changed and we would need more time there?A coworker said there were now dogs,pat downs and more screening of luggage.Will arriving early help Thanks

Hi I was wondering if anyone knows if the security at the Ny port has changed and we would need more time there?A coworker said there were now dogs,pat downs and more screening of luggage.Will arriving early help Thanks

When are you cruising? Please let us know.

FYI-- RE: NYC pier there were always dogs..usually outside and in luggage collection area...

also saw them by food deliveries for next cruise when we were disembarking..

not sure about pat downs,etc.

I look for the security to be a bit more harsh trying to get back into the states on my upcoming Med Cruise than going out...I am hoping it does not cause to many delays at Barcelona when I try to make my return flight at 10:30am...Flying from my local airport will be a breeze due to the small number of passengers....hopefuly the connection in Atlanta will not be delayed....

Is this something your coworker has personally experienced, or is it his/her (mis)interpretation of increased airport security measures somehow applying to cruise ships? By the way, there have been dogs at the NY pier for years...it's nothing new.

We were there for the Jan 2 CTN. There was a dog in the area and the line to get through Security was very long, but it moved along and it didn't seem to be any different to me.

Once past Security, the check-in line moved at snail's pace.

Security getting on a ship is way, way different than a plane.

You can take bottle or even cases of water with you. Nothing on a plane.

You can actually have a small knive, and even larger ones in your checked bags, which you have access to shortly after boarding. You never have access to knives on a plane.

You do not have to take your shoes off when boarding the plane.

You do not have to take your computer out of your bag boarding the ship. After all, anything they are looking for could be in your checked bags.

You can take very large bags through the checkin on the ship. Not on a plane.

DO NOT CONFUSE SHIPS WITH PLANES.

Archived