Breakfast and lunch MDR

hlb76

I keep reading that you have to try these meals in the MDR. I think I will head your advice and try at least breakfast. Now I just want to know why? I know personal service is nicer than the lines at the Lido. There has to be another reason.

are there menu scanned in anywhere?

I keep reading that you have to try these meals in the MDR. I think I will head your advice and try at least breakfast. Now I just want to know why? I know personal service is nicer than the lines at the Lido. There has to be another reason.

are there menu scanned in anywhere?

There is a Breakfast menu scanned, I always use the search feature and type in "menus" to find it.

Breakfast in the MDR is more relaxed than the Lido and you can get items not found at the buffet like eggs benedict for instance! Never have eaten lunch in the MDR...I look at the menus and nothing sounds all that good so I stick to the Lido for lunch. Hope this helps :)

I like to do breakfast, at least, in the DR. Did lunch once or twice, and it was fine as well. I find the lido buffets and other places to eat are to busy and loud.

The times we went for breakfast, there were only a fraction of the people who are there during dinner. Ordered meals come out very fast, so no long wait (in my experience).

I avoid buffets whenever possible. Eating breakfast in the MDR is a relaxing way to start the day...quiet, good service, good food. Brought to you, so you don't have to try to balance stuff, find a table, fight the crowds who are hurrying through to get off the ship, whatever. Same with lunch.

I'm paying a lot for a cruise. Part of that is to be served..not serve myself. I can serve myself at home.

We go to the breakfast for dining room quite often because it's more relaxing and the coffee is better. We don't utilize it for lunch, however. We did one time and were seated at a big table with very elderly people we had nothing in common with. The service was too slow and we kept looking at our watches because we wanted to get to an activity that began at 1:00.

We ate lunch in the dining room once and we loved it. The food in the dining room is much better than the buffet food, IMO. Not to mention you get the dining room experience and its actually quiet, with very few people. I remember I had some salad with beef and it was wonderful! Most of the time we are too busy doing other stuff.

Because Mom is in a wheelchair... we always eat in MDR with her. Buffet lines are impossible for her!!!!

The service is fast and easy... the food OUTSTANDING as it is elsewhere!!! The menus are posted every day outside the MDRs so you can see what's offered for lunch and dinner -- plus on the TV.

Enjoy!!!

After a day or so, I find myself getting grossed out at the buffet. Seriously - people get pushy when they're feeding. You'd really think some people were having their last meal.

Kids touching food and putting it back. People in tank-tops leaning over serving trays, flaking deodorant sprinkling into the food. And finally, the unsupervised kids shoving their way around. I prefer to have the professionals in the kitchen sneezing into my food rather than the other passengers.

I used to avoid the buffet as much as I could. I would eat every meal I could in the MDR. But on my last Valor cruise, the two sea day lunch menus had nothing that interested me and I ended up eating lunch at one of the Lido venues all 5 days I was on the ship for lunch (I ate in port the other 2 days). I tried each area at least once and liked them all. I still like breakfast in the MDR. There are enough options to choose from and I like to start my day that way.

Breakfast & lunch in the MDR are two of Carnival's best kept secrets! There is lots of food - cooked the way you want - and no bacon ploice. Your coffee cup never goes empty, and like dinner, you can order as much as you like and you can send it back if it is not cooked to your liking.

Additionally, I'm sure you can request a table for two; however, we like to be seated with whomever they seat us with. New people, with new conversations and new prospectives on the cruise are always interesting.

Lunch is much the same. There are always interesting items on the luncheon menu. Like breakfast, and unlike the buffet on Lido - there are no lines and the wait staff is wonderful. On our last cruise, Thanksgiving on the Freedom, we ate all three meals in the MDR, we had the same waiter all three times! For whatever reason, our dinner time head waiter, worked all three shifts.

Bottom line, if you don't like breakfast and or lunch in the MDR, you can still go up to the Lido Deck and eat.

On our Legend cruise, we prefered the MDR for breakfast - fantastic eggs benedict and very good coffee. The buffet was very crowded, loud, and not as good of food. Like others have said, we didn't see anything on the MDR lunch menu during the 2 sea days it was open so we joined the rest of the herd in the buffet.

I must admit I am a food snob, not that I cannot enjoy a buffet but when cruising I enjoy the dining experience so much. I had never tried lunch or breakfast in the mdr untill our last cruise and I loved breakfast in the mdr. So much better than holding a tray...LOL.

We have always eaten breakfast in the MDR, something I learned from the CC boards. It's fantastic, as others have mentioned eggs benedict and all the trimmings. We ask for a table for two and usually the same server every day. Our server last time knew exactly what we wanted to order every morning (creatures of habit) and he just smiled big and said "the usual". Excellent service in the MDR:D

Here are some menus..

Lunch in the MDR is only on Sea Days and on Carnival Dream, they now have a Brunch instead of Lunch:

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/CarnivalDream/GrandMed/Menus/MDR/mdr_B_L.htm

Thanks!! My mouth is watering all ready. I think we will try MDR for breakfast for sure seems like less of a hassle and I can still get my favorites and more. Lunch we will see. All sounds good but I want the deli, burritos and mongolian grill. Oh yea fish and chips too.

Archived