Day at Carlisle Beach

DanielBu

Hello,

has anybody spent a day at Carlisle Beach? Any suggestions how it should be done / planned?

Can one easily walk from the pier to Carlisle?

Were can beachchairs be rented?

Were at Carlisle is the best place to snorkel?

Were can one rent snorkling gear?

Thx. 4 any yadvice given.

Daniel

Berlin / Germany

Hello,

has anybody spent a day at Carlisle Beach? Any suggestions how it should be done / planned?

Can one easily walk from the pier to Carlisle?

Were can beachchairs be rented?

Were at Carlisle is the best place to snorkel?

Were can one rent snorkling gear?

Thx. 4 any yadvice given.

Daniel

Berlin / Germany

We spent our day at Carlisle Beach at Lobster Alive. You could walk there from the ship but taxi fare was very reasonable. I remember it being something like $6 per person. We rented chairs right there with an umbrella. 2 chairs and an umbrella was something like $15 and that came with 3 free drink coupons. The drinks were good and not watered down so well worth the price. Take a taxi and don't waste one precious moment of beach time is my advice. We don't snorkel so I can't help you there.

We just went there on Friday. We walked to the beach and it was pretty far. It was an easy walk (but not really pretty in the last half) but it did take time. We took a cab back and negotiated $3 per person. I would just take a cab next time.

When you get to the beach you can take your pick of beach resorts (really more like groupings of umbrellas). We went to the far end towards the Hilton and away from Boatyard. It wasn't as crowded and loud. There isn't much snorkeling until you go past the last sets of umbrellas...look for a bunch of boats that take snorkelers about 300 yards out and there is a shipwreck. I decided to swim out from the beach without fins and I saw very little until I reached the shipwreck. The shipwreck was awesome and I saw more fish than I've ever seen in my life. They were surrounding me! The swim back to shore was a little challenging, despite the fact that I am a strong, competitive swimmer. I'd say you could swim out from the shore if you have fins and are a strong swimmer, but otherwise I would take a boat out there.

As far as the beach goes, the water was a beautiful color and the sand was the softest I have ever felt. There wasn't a lot of pretty scenery behind the beach, but not a big deal.

Archived