Dental repair kit???

WouldBeCruiser

Well - I've seen this mentioned as a "must pack" item a couple of times and I have no idea what it can be? I am intrigued.

Is it possible that some of you longtime, experienced cruisers have a fix-it -yourself cavity kit? Please do tell.

Can you really perform your own dentistry at sea?

Well - I've seen this mentioned as a "must pack" item a couple of times and I have no idea what it can be? I am intrigued.

Is it possible that some of you longtime, experienced cruisers have a fix-it -yourself cavity kit? Please do tell.

Can you really perform your own dentistry at sea?

hahahaha..."perform your own dentistry"...hahaha. :D :D Usually the kits contain a dental "glue" to temporarily glue crowns or fillings back into place, should they fall out. And some dental pain gel, should a cavity cause you pain. They're small, not heavy, don't take up a lot of space, and are availabe here in the US in most pharmacies.

I try to schedule a dentist visit before I cruise to make sure everything is OK. Accidents do happen, but so far, I've not had a problem.

I have one I bought at Walgreen's in the section where they sell floss, toothbrushes, etc. It has stuff you can use as a temporary filling, and glue to temporarily afix a crown that's fall off. It's just meant to tide you over until you can get to a dentist in port or when you get home.

If dental problems aren't an issue for you, don't bother with the kit. I have 10 crowns and numerious fillings, so I feel it's worth a few dollars to carry it with me.

Roz

You can get the kit at any drug store it has glue and it also has a filling mixture that you can apply yourself which is easily removed by a dentist when you get to one. It is not expensive and is worth having.

Dentemp here is a link to three of their products.

http://www.planetrx.com/Shop/Brands/index.cfm?b=14011&rfr=ggl&kid=1342&gclid=CLTUpJW7p58CFSgVagodFUwG1A

Ive been in the dental field for a few years. And the best thing to do besides getting a check up before you go. Is.....

-For any tooth ache best is to take Ibprophen (if you can take it). Salt water rinses if the tooth ache lingers.

-The topical gel only lasts for a short time and it numbs your gums not your tooth.

-If your crn comes off and there is no peice of tooth in it, tooth paste works.

Remember if the tooth ache gets really bad see a doctor best not to leave it.

;)

Archived