Cruising on Today Show Right Now

According to the Today Show (don't kill the messenger - I am typing as she talks...lol)

Know the best times/places to cruise (Canada is hot right now)

Use A TA

Compare Airfares - price it separately

Book Far in Advance

Book Repo Cruises (Insiders Secret)

Pick your cabin and deck carefully

Can I just add -- I am so glad I have all of you -- because I think most of us know all of this ;) We might all have our own opinions, like using a TA verses not but the rest of the info the Today Show talked about was pretty common knowledge around here at CC :)

Me thinks her typical cruise experience differs greatly from mine. ;)

I'm not sure when I'll be booking my next Seaborne adventure or a 20+ night Princess cruise. I am sure we are all looking forward to booking our next cruise on a nice little 90 passenger ship. Is that still a ship or is it a boat?

Here is the link to the Today show segment: http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/34840469#34840469

I found her to be giving out some misinformation as it was airing, but didn't save it to contest her suggestions. :mad:

Yeah, I want to see the 60% off deals, 2 for 1's, upgrades and free airfares. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I want to see the 60% off deals, 2 for 1's, upgrades and free airfares. :rolleyes:

I don't think we are going to find them on RCCL, Carnaval, NCL or even Princess. This is the editors of Travel & Leisure not Budget Travel. To them your local Mariott is low rent.

I don't think we are going to find them on RCCL, Carnaval, NCL or even Princess. This is the editors of Travel & Leisure not Budget Travel. To them your local Mariott is low rent.

Well at least we know when we book Seabourne or Crystal, we will know where to go and what deck to choose for our cabins. :D

Book Repo Cruises (Insiders Secret) -- What's this? Is she talking about cabins that are not paid for by final payment deadline??

LOL - No, Repositioning cruises. The transatlantic ones are often a really good deal. I've also seen some great rates on the repo to Panama.

Archived