Formal night or nights?

my3princes

Is there any speculation as to whether there will be a formal night onboard? I know it is optional, but want to be prepared. Is there ever more than one formal night?

Like all other ships in the NCL fleet, the Epic will be freestyle. As in all of the other ships, this means NO FORMAL NIGHTS....ever.

The dress code will be resort casual.

Of course, just like on all other NCL ships, you can wear resort casual, black tie formal, or anything in between....anytime that you want.

No venues, restaurants, or lounges will ever turn you away if you are in at least resort casual.

NCL may designate some nights as "dress up or not" nights. On these nights you can dress in anything from resort casual to black tie formal...or anything in between. Of course, you can also dress that exact same way on nights that are NOT "dress up or not".

In either case, formal wear is never required.

We did a 3 night cruise on the Sky and there was no dress up or not night. It was very casual for most passengers. We did business casual and were on the dressier end of things. We will be celebrating our 18th Anniversary while on our Epic cruise so me may dress up a bit more, but judging from responses we won't dress formal.

Like SeaShark said, formal wear is perfectly fine on any NCL ship, if that interests you. Especially since you're celebrating.

Epic has a very "swanky" feel to me. Although I won't be bringing a "formal" gown, I will be bringing some elegant outfits.

You will not be out of place either way.

I always lean toward the "not" side of "dress up or not".

I lean toward the "dress up" side. At home, it's business clothes, jeans, shorts, and gym clothes. A cruise is a great time to wear fun things, whether it be a cocktail dress, or a stylish jumpsuit.

I always lean toward the "not" side of "dress up or not".

this is my 1st time on a cruise. do people who dress up get irritated sitting next to people like me who prefer to be more casual? i've heard stories that when some people get all gussied up they roll their eyes and aren't too polite to the folks sitting near them who are "dressed down". the last thing i want to do on vacation is worry about getting dressed up. i wanna be there to slug beers and have fun with my friends!!!!!

I don't care what others think when I'm on my vacation. The ones that have a problem with it don't understand the concept of freestyle. As long as you fit into the guidelines set by NCL, there should be no reason to worry.

Another reason I don't dress up is the fact that after 35 years, I still have problems from time to time getting food directly from the plate to my mouth without landing on a shirt. Whether it's a drip of butter after dipping some lobster or a rouge french fry, something is bound to miss sooner or later. There's no point in putting a nice shirt in danger for no reason.

I don't care what others think when I'm on my vacation. The ones that have a problem with it don't understand the concept of freestyle. As long as you fit into the guidelines set by NCL, there should be no reason to worry.

Another reason I don't dress up is the fact that after 35 years, I still have problems from time to time getting food directly from the plate to my mouth without landing on a shirt. Whether it's a drip of butter after dipping some lobster or a rouge french fry, something is bound to miss sooner or later. There's no point in putting a nice shirt in danger for no reason.

love it!!!! you sound a lot like me!

when i board epic my hubby and i will be celebrating our 16th anniversary. and we are definitely "casual" people. we chose this cruise mainly for it's "freestyle" atmosphere. many other cruises have the "formal nights", and no way do we want to worry about dressing up just to eat a meal. that's why this cruise was so appealing. i don't care what people think of me either, but in other reviews i've heard people "complaining" about sitting at tables near people in shorts & casual gear because they were all dressed up and somehow felt this took away from the elegance of their meal. damn sure when my hubby & i celebrate our anniversary day we'll be eating a pizza and drinking beer somewhere! hey, for our 5th & 10th anniversaries we went to Hooters and chugged beer and ate wings. last year for our 15th anniversary, he got the flu while we were in aruba so i had a hot dog by the pool for our anniversary while he slept in the room. haha! hey, we've been together for 20 years and married for over 15, so we must be doing something right! cocktail dresses and heels doesn't equate to a fun evening in my book!!!! comfy clothes and flip flops certainly do however!!!!

Archived