Athens Hilton

Millerhm01

Any thoughts on staying at the Athens Hilton? It appears to be a nice property, but my primary concern is location. We only have two days to see the sites in Athens, and I'm wondering if the hotel's location southeast of the Plaka area will make it an inconvenient "base of operation."

I'm not sure, yet. I've been waiting for your recommended two-day itinerary (I've already copied your Rome itinerary)! We've never been to Athens, it'll be at the end of our trip, and we really only have 1.5 days to see the highlights.

I'm not sure, yet. I've been waiting for your recommended two-day itinerary (I've already copied your Rome itinerary)! We've never been to Athens, it'll be at the end of our trip, and we really only have 1.5 days to see the highlights.

Flattery will get you everywhere. :) Unfortunately, I only have a day planned in Athens on my June cruise, but I'll be happy to give you what I've got if you're really that interested.

I'm already planning another cruise in October that will allow me to spend 2.5 days in Athens post-cruise. However, one of those days will be to Mycenae, Corinth, and Epidavros.

Flattery will get you everywhere. :) Unfortunately, I only have a day planned in Athens on my June cruise, but I'll be happy to give you what I've got if you're really that interested.

I'm already planning another cruise in October that will allow me to spend 2.5 days in Athens post-cruise. However, one of those days will be to Mycenae, Corinth, and Epidavros.

Yes I am! Would be most appreciated. Thanks.

Here's the post where I laid it all out. If you just take off the commute to Athens and back to Piraeus I'm sure there's still a full day's worth of sightseeing here. Other things I didn't include are spending some time in the Plaka (which you could do in the evening), and seeing Syntagma Square (which I've done already).

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=22449730&postcount=2

We have stayed at the Athens Hilton on two ocassions, and although we like the hotel and its wonderful pool, the location is less than ideal. If you are looking for a deluxe hotel with a great location you might want to consider the Grande Bretagne which is first class in every way including an amazing location.

Hank

Here's the post where I laid it all out. If you just take off the commute to Athens and back to Piraeus I'm sure there's still a full day's worth of sightseeing here. Other things I didn't include are spending some time in the Plaka (which you could do in the evening), and seeing Syntagma Square (which I've done already).

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=22449730&postcount=2

Thanks!

We have stayed at the Athens Hilton on two ocassions, and although we like the hotel and its wonderful pool, the location is less than ideal. If you are looking for a deluxe hotel with a great location you might want to consider the Grande Bretagne which is first class in every way including an amazing location.

Hank

Thanks, Hank. I already have a reservation at Electra's Palace but thinking I could do the Hilton on my reward points.

Archived