Any Cruisers Out There FRom San Antonio, Texas???

So far, people from 7 cruise lines have signed in.

So far there are apporx. 34 San Antonians/Locals signed up for getting together.

This count is based on couples.

If any of you would let me know your first names I'd appreciate it. I'm keeping tabs on the goings on.

Thanks in advance,

Lois

Slavearlen

Welcome aboard. Glad you found us.

Will you all be interested in the Fall Party?

Please let me know.

Post here as often as you like. Right now we're a small group, but things are hoppin'!

Lois

Mark and Jackie!

JB

Sun Viking 8/83,Premier 8/86

Disney 8/01, Rhapsody 8/03, Monarch 12/03, Splendour 4/04,

UPCOMING CRUISES:

Enchantment of the Seas 9/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008000&cdt=2004;9;23;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Rhapsody of the Seas 11/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=8b0000&cdt=2004;11;21;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Radiance of the Seas 5/05 - Alaska

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ffd700&cdt=2005;5;7;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Mariner of the Seas 10/05

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2005;10;2;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Monroe and Julie

Point Comfort is on the coast....halfway between Houston and Corpus. Port Lavaca is the closest town that usually shows up on the map.

mjcrober@yahoo.com

Fantasy 12/03

Splendour of the Seas 3/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;11;8;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600  until our first time on Princess

Grand Princess 11/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2005;7;30;18;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600  until our family cruise

Ecstasy 7/05

FYI

Just to let you all know the San Antonio/Locals party will be held sometime in the Fall. Please keep posted as we are getting more pax signing up.

Camreesmom,

Thanks for the info.

Lois

Hello, everyone,

We are Glenn, Cathy, and Matthew. Glenn is in the Air Force, I'm an NICU nurse, and Matthew will be a senior at Warren High School next year. Can't wait to meet more SA cruisers.

Hi there!

Signing in from San Antonio also. We have a group of 12 of us leaving this Sunday!!!!! This time next week, I'll be in a deck chair have a drink with a funny umbrella in it and loving life! Well maybe not this early in the AM.

Several of us are located over by Seaworld.

See ya when we get back.

Lois -

This is getting exciting! I never knew there were so many of us out there from S.A. We could even be neighbors!

Yes, we always have to laugh when the Disney commercial comes on!

Thank you for your response to my other post - we can't wait to take him on his first cruise - but we want him to be able to enjoy it all - we are thinking around 4 years old.

By the way, we are Yvonne and Nago.

Glad to meet you! Sounds like we have the makings of a fine group!

JB

Sun Viking 8/83,Premier 8/86

Disney 8/01, Rhapsody 8/03, Monarch 12/03, Splendour 4/04,

UPCOMING CRUISES:

Enchantment of the Seas 9/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008000&cdt=2004;9;23;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Rhapsody of the Seas 11/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=8b0000&cdt=2004;11;21;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Radiance of the Seas 5/05 - Alaska

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ffd700&cdt=2005;5;7;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Mariner of the Seas 10/05

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2005;10;2;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Hi Nobody

If you're coming from Austin, I 35 S. to Loop 410 west.

Exit at Vance Jackson and turn left.

About 1 mile (?) down the road. It will be on your right.

If you come up to IH 10, you've passed if.

Address:

2427 Vance Jackson 78213

www.mapquest.com is my life saver! If you haven't been there, check it out.

I think you'll like it. Maybe try them out on your next visit to SA. Huge menu, great margs.

My personal favorite is Jacala. Grew up on their food. I'm sure we all have our favorites, right?

La Fogata is a hopefull maybe for the party. Depends on availability.

Thanks for the names J & M,

Lois

Hi there Fausto,
We are not sailing until Dec.5,2004. Leaving San Diego on Celebrity Infinity. RT Hawaii. Really looking forward to seeing the Islands. DH have been a couple of times (land vacations). I'm a newbie. The kids are bummed, having to stay at home!!!
I'm hoping to get a quick cruise in between now the Dec. but we're really busy. If I can sneak one in, it will definitely be out of Galvez or Houst.
Thanks for asking. We may meet some day on another cruise!
Lois

Do I wish I still lived in San Antonio. Only now it is getting very HOT> I was born there and lived in Houston for 15 years...now living in Alexandria, Virginia...but Texas will always be my home. Where do all of you live? I graduated from Jefferson High...many years ago..did anyone go there?

Explorer of the Sea - November 2001
Nordic Empress - November 2002
Serenade - October 2003

Lois, why don't y'all join us in November on the Grand Princess out of Galveston? There are some really good deals right now. Balcony cabins are already sold out but we have been booking inside guarantees and have had really good luck getting upgraded to oceanviews. I just want on the ship. We have really been blessed this year. We'll end up with 3 cruises within the year since we took our first in December 2003, second was in March 2004 and the Grand will be our 3rd. Can you tell I have the addiction really bad????

Hawaii sounds fabulous! DH wanted to go on a land vacation there last Sept. but I really wanted to try the cruise.
[img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
Julie

[email]mjcrober@yahoo.com[/email]

Fantasy 12/03
Splendour of the Seas 3/04

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;11;8;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600[/img]  until our first time on Princess

Grand Princess 11/04

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2005;7;30;18;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600[/img]  until our family cruise

Ecstasy 7/05

Julie/camreesmom

Thanks for the invite to cruise. We'd love to, but we have a golf tournament that month. Haven't been informed of the date yet.
Also, we leave on our cruise Dec. 5. We're driving to San Diego with a stop at Scottsdale, Az. visiting friends. That will make us leaving San Antonio around sometime in mid to late Nov. I hope the kids don't wreck the house while we're gone!
Hopefully, there will come a time when we will go to Hawaii on a land vacation. I love to delve into the places we go to. The cruise will be great, but the ports of call are only for a few hours/day.
Maybe someday we'll have a San Antonio Cruise Group sailing away into the sunset. Now that would be fantastic!
Thanks again for the invite,
Lois

Count me in too!! This summer will be my first on RCCL, but my fourth cruise overall. We've got a family reunion cruise all set for Jul 10-17 on the Navigator---there'll be 21 of us!! Only four of us are from San Antonio...myself and my three kids.

I live in North Central SA...

Karen

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;7;10;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

Cruzzer....when did you graduate...I was in the class of 54. Wow, was that a long time ago. I married a wonderful man originally from South America...then New York. He passed away several years ago...have two children..one in Dallas and one here in Virginia. I live with her, her husband and my two grandsons. Took my son with me on my first cruise, then my daughter and her family the next Thanksgiving. Looking for a cruise this year..hopefully out of New Jersey (don't really want to fly) or Baltimore. How about you?

Explorer of the Sea - November 2001
Nordic Empress - November 2002
Serenade - October 2003

MAXCAT,

I'm so sorry for your loss. It must be hard for you. However, you are a lucky Mom to have such wonderful children. I'm sure those grandkids light up your life.

I graduated in '68. DH (graduated Burbank in '55) and I each have 2 children and 5 grandchildren combined. They all live here, and that is a PLUS for us!

It's nice to meet you via e-mail. Any Texan/San Antonian/Jeffersonite is a friend of mine!

There is a school we all love well, tis Thomas Jefferson......
Take care,
Lois

FYI To ALL,

Here is a way to be able to read all the post coming in from the various boards. As on now, there are posters from 7 different cruise lines.

Find our topic on each of the boards list below. Add each to you NOTIFICATIONS. You will be able to read all of them, even get to know others, etc.

One of the CC Hosts, Laura is trying to set up a forum where pax will be able to merge their posts to one central place. That will take sometime, but will be great in the future.

Carnival, Celebrity, Norwegian, Oceania, Princess, Radisson Seven Seas, & Royal Caribb.

I hope this helps,
Lois

Is there a "cruisers annonymous" meeting being held somewhere anytime soon? I must truly be addicted to cruising. I just purchased a cruise on the Grand Princess(11/04) and Celebrity (01/05). I'm so excited, I can't wait!!! The Grand Princess will be a 5-night cruise and the Celebrity is a 12-night cruise.

Fausto

RCI Rhapsody of the Seas 05/04, 06/04, 07/04, 12/04
Grand Princess 11/04
Celebrity Galaxy 01/05

"The ship is rockin? I thought it was just me..."

Archived