Princess vs Oceania

BosoxI

I've got my eye on two cruises to South America. One is a 14 day Pacific Princess cruise, the other is a 24 day on Oceania Regatta. The cost for the former would be about $200 per day, the latter would be about $270 for an equivalent cabin. I've never been on Oceania and I'd be Elite on Princess, so I'd get some benefit there. If anyone has cruised on both lines, I'd sure like your opinion on which to choose. Thanks.

Princess is my TA's favorite line (she's Elite) but she and her DH went on an Oceania cruise last year and had the best time. She told me that if my DH and I could do one luxury cruise in our lifetime to go on Oceania. She said everything was top notch.

It depends on what you want. Oceania is elegant and intimate, Princess is modern and vivacious. Everything is done a little bit nicer on Oceania.

The food on Oceania is quite good but the menu is not as extensive. There are far more entertainment options on Princess; no big production shows on Oceania, but the entertainers they bring on board are quite good.

You are pretty much on your own for day time activities on Oceania except for bingo, ping pong, the gym and lecturers. So, if you want to relax and read a good book Oceania might be a good choice, if you need to be active all day, Princess might be best.

I am not sure about this, but I suspect that Oceania attracts an older crowd (although since mine was a 26 day cruise in February that could have made a difference).

Whatever you decide, have a great time.

Been on Oceania 2X. Oceania is a luxury line. Everything top notch and classy. More classes and enrichment type seminars. Smaller ships (like the Ocean Princess) so more intimate. Expensive but you get to different ports because of its size.

Princess is nice too. As you can see, we decided on her for Asia.

Pacific Princess is the same size as the Oceania Regatta. I doubt that the entertainment will be much better on Princess ( the small size means less opportunities), except that the music on Oceania is definitely geared to a more sedate crowd. If you can do Oceania, do it!

If the difference is only $70 a day I would say Oceania

Normally its a lot more than that and beyond my budget

However being Elite on Princess the Benefits of free washing and dry cleaning /internet and mini bar are hard to loose and the entertainment tend to be less on Oceania and they do not normally organise shuttles in the ports so you need to factor in taxi fares

However Tea is definitely a PLUS and not to be missed

The non smoking is also a plus

If the difference is only $70 a day I would say Oceania

Hmmmm. Some of you folks are awfully free with my money:p. $70 X 2 (I insist on traveling with my DW) over 14 days is almost $2000. But the Oceania cruise is more like 24 days so the extra 10 days would cost us another $5500 or so. But the killer was my wife had to get essentially one month's leave, not easily done. So the choice is Princess at least until DW retires. Ain't nuthin' wrong with the Pacific Princess. Thanks for your inputs

Archived