Another AI Question

Hi all, There are four of us on celebration on 11th February, we normally use one cruise card to pay all our bills then split cost at the end of the cruise, however this is our first all inclusive, so the question is can you get four drinks at a time or do we all have to be present with our cruise cards.

One other point is there a choice of wine in the restaurant for AI or is it just house wine served.

Many thanks

BS

The general rule is that a card should be presented for every drink you are buying. There's nothing to stop one person getting a round in so long as he/she presents a card for each drink. This is to prevent people buying drinks for all and sundry with their AI card (perish the thought!). Not all bar staff stick to this rule, though, we have noticed.

As for the wine, there is a choice in the restaurant but I couldn't tell you how extensive it is. I have always found the house wine more than adequate.

Hi A UKCRUISER

You won't be able to get 4 drinks on one card. We have sometimes managed to get 2 (there are only 2 of us anyway not a larger group). I think it was because some people were buying drinks on their AI card for people who were no on AI:eek:

I don't know about the wine in the restaurant as we don't go in there and don't really drink wine, but there will be someone who will be able to tell you. I think it's only AI if you buy it by the glass though - again someone will confirm or deny this is the case.

Hope this helps a bit.

Janet

It is just house wine in the restaurant on AI, they just keep coming round and topping up your glass. Normally you do have to show one AI card per drink, but we have found that once the waiters get used to you they don't bother too much. On Emerald there were 8 of us and the waiter just wrote down all four room numbers and got one of us to sign the ticket. As mentioned the only real issue is AI passengers getting free drinks for non AI passengers.

Hi all, There are four of us on celebration on 11th February, we normally use one cruise card to pay all our bills then split cost at the end of the cruise, however this is our first all inclusive, so the question is can you get four drinks at a time or do we all have to be present with our cruise cards.

One other point is there a choice of wine in the restaurant for AI or is it just house wine served.

Many thanks

BS

You all have to present your ship's card to verify that you are AI - or at least until the waiters get to know you and then they might not bother. Otherwise you could be ordering drinks for people who aren't AI which they obviously want to guard against. But as you don't need to pay - there's no problem as you won't need to 'carve up' the cost at the end.

Yes, there is a choice of wines on AI - I think there were three reds and a choice of whites when we were last on Celebration and we didn't think they were bad either! Enjoy!! :)

Are the four of you sharing a cabin or are you in two cabins? I ask because everyone in a cabin has to be on the AI package. Your cabin number will be on your card and if all four are sharing you should only have to show one card to "pay" for drinks, though they may want to see all four cards initially. If you are in two cabins I would expect to be asked to show two cards as the drinks will be billed to your particular cabins, albeit for a nil charge. We shared with my mother-in-law and could order three drinks on one card, though we had to show all our cards a couple of times to explain that we were all sharing. If we weren't together we could just order a drink for ourselves as each person has their own card anyway. You should always carry your own card with you.

Can't remember there being a choice of wines by the glass, the wine waiter just buzzed around the restaurant with bottles of white, rose(?) and red in his arms and topped your glass up as often as you liked.

Carol x

It is just house wine in the restaurant on AI, they just keep coming round and topping up your glass. .

That's what I thought originally, but the wife just started to ask for specific named wines off the drinks menu and nobody said a word and brought her glass after glass.

Many thanks

BS

I have attached a bar list from the celebration :

Front:

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/7820/fronthqo.jpg

Back:

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/6497/backpage.jpg

A point to note, in the main restaurant you can only order wine by the glass. You will be charged if you order a bottle. However, contrary to what most people think, you can order ANY wine on the above bar lists and not just the house red and white.

Have a great cruise.

Everything on the bar list with one price in black is included in the all-inclusive. Where you see two prices by a particular drink, the cheaper price in blue with an asterix is the supplement you also pay for that drink (dearer brandies and whiskies for example). This would be added separately to your on-board account.

Carol x

Oooh thanks for the bar list. Are cocktails on the AI. They look good. My have the spend the "At Sea" day sampling them all. Lol :D

Yes they are, even the champagne cocktail is included. Also, which I never knew until my last cruise is that the snacks you see on the drinks menu like peanuts and chocolate are included.:):)

John is right- we asked for a small canister of Pringles one night on the Celebration, expecting to be charged for it, but the barman said 'you are all inclusive you can have anyyyyything you like!'

Thereafter we were inundated with boxes of Pringles whenever we ordered a drink!

Flopsy

Things have changed a little with AI, you get a letter in your cabin its now only 1 drink per person at a time and your card must be shown for every drink ordered, and if you order a drink for anyone not on AI you get charged for it.

also snacks ie pringles are no longer included, we did get charged £1.25 for them

Does anybody have a copy of or know what is included in the AI on the Spirit?

i can find copies of the Destiny and Celebration menus but not much info about The Spirit

Hi,

It should be similar. The one posted on here here looks practically the same as the one on the Island Escape

On Spirit last year we were north of Iceland and as I was suffering from a frozen shoulder I was wandering the decks all night. At about 2.30am they were shovelling the last boozers out of High Spirits and after that it got really quiet. At about 4am I went in the Lido for a cuppa and biscuit plus slice of ham and the man behind the counter suggested I have some chips. There aren't any chips I said. I will cook a fresh batch for you he said, sit down and I will bring them over. He was so bored he just had to do something. Beware, they force feed you if they can :D

On Spirit last year we were north of Iceland and as I was suffering from a frozen shoulder I was wandering the decks all night. At about 2.30am they were shovelling the last boozers out of High Spirits and after that it got really quiet. At about 4am I went in the Lido for a cuppa and biscuit plus slice of ham and the man behind the counter suggested I have some chips. There aren't any chips I said. I will cook a fresh batch for you he said, sit down and I will bring them over. He was so bored he just had to do something. Beware, they force feed you if they can :D

Now that's the sort of force feeding I could do with :D I hope he gave you some sliced white bread and butter so you could make a chip butty with them :D

Berwyn

Does anybody have a copy of or know what is included in the AI on the Spirit?

i can find copies of the Destiny and Celebration menus but not much info about The Spirit

The Spirits bar menu is not as comprehensive as the Celebrations. I think it's to do with the ownership. I think one is owned by Thomson while the other is leased. Not sure which is which but the Spirit has a few of the drinks missing. Off the top of my head I remember Baileys liqueur and Southern Comfort being extra on the Spirit and free on the Celebration. All the rest are the same as far as I can remember.

This is our 3rd time on celebration but our first with AI. 5 of the 7 of us have AI and 2 don't. We don't mind paying for an odd drink for them - well they are our parents!

Looking forward to the cocktails - has anyone had any experience of them being quite weak when on AI

First time we did this ship, we used the same waiter and he did us proud - as soon a we gave him a tip on the last night - they were terribly weak.

thanks

Hi,

We've just been on the Escape, the 1st time she's been in Thomson Cruises.

We also had the bigger Thomson's AI drinks including cocktails. They definitely were not watered down. And when DW needed a brandy for her queasy tummy the bartender was getting to the end of the bottle he just tipped it in.

Berwyn

Archived