Rum Runners

LounVal

Opinions or what you think is best.

Carry on or checked

Placed in an extra zip lock or not

Hid in pants legs or just thrown in

Thanks

heading out Sunday on FOS Little concerned about many people not satisfied with RCCI. Still planning on having a great time!

Carry on or checked

Checked

Definitely, just in case

Hide in shoes if you have them or wrap in clothes

Have a great time on the FOS, was on her in June and had a wonderful time!

This is the recipe that I use:

1, Go to supermarket and but 1 litre of Vodka and 2 plastic half litre bottles of water with screw tops.

2, At home, pour water into kettle for coffee!

3, Decant vodka into the 2 plastic bottles.

4, Wrap each one in a plastic carrier bag and put 1 in each shoe when I pack.

5, When onboard, buy glasses of coke or the cocktail of the day.

6, Pour in a hefty measure of said vodka and return you your cabin a few hours later very,very happy!!

7, Each morning drink strong coffee and take a couple of pills;)

Carry on or checked

Checked

Definitely, just in case

Hide in shoes if you have them or wrap in clothes

Have a great time on the FOS, was on her in June and had a wonderful time!

I concur!:D

I follow the rules and don't smuggle. I prefer not to start my vacation violating the rules I signed a contract to abide by.

They're also great to bring mouth wash, water, juice and anything else that would leak out of another container. Rum Runners don't leak. Plus, they fit well into a shoe!!!!!!!:D

I follow the rules and don't smuggle. I prefer not to start my vacation violating the rules I signed a contract to abide by.

Thanks for the laugh, I was in need of a chuckle.

But what about you and your drive to work (or to the cruise ship? You signed your drivers liscence, and agreed to follow the road rules. Think about that next time you roll through a stop sign or go 5 mph over the limit. And remember, speed kills, rumrunners don't.

If you have the true rum runners than you can put them in either your carry on in checked luggage. I have always put mine in a zip lock baggie for extra security but have never had one leak yet.......and I've had mine for years.:)

As they are all plastic and if you keep all air out of them so the liquid doesn't slosh around then they will not show up on the x-ray. However it is still better to put in checked luggage in case they look in your carry on for other reasons. Last cruise in December my friends bag got checked all because of an atomizer that her hubby makes.:eek: It was a small atomizer for perfume and I don't think they knew what it was as the agent removed it from her carry on and pulled her aside at the cruise terminal. The agent then questioned her and thoroughly checked her carry on.

Quick story about a rum runner.........

Last year when I was traveling I realized when I got to my destination that I had a small 8 oz rum runner in my carry on and I went through 3 security check points and not one TSA agent picked up on it.:eek: I started at my home airport and went through security, then on to Seattle and through customs and another security checkpoint. Then in Atlanta I left the secured area to have lunch with a friend that lives in Atlanta and then went through security again to catch my connection. Oh and then I boarded the ship and again through security. When I was taking out my stuff from my carrry on it was then that I realized that it was in there. Here I spent on that money on the planes buying drinks when I had my own!:rolleyes::D;)

Carry on or checked

Thanks

heading out Sunday on FOS Little concerned about many people not satisfied with RCCI. Still planning on having a great time!

Were do you buy rum runners??Thanks

Carry on or checked

Thanks

Not that I would EVER violate the rules but if I was going to, I would definitely put them in a carry on.

Wonderful information! I was very happy for the coupon code too! Could anybody answer this:

How long does it generally take them to ship? I just ordered some and selected priority mail because I am leaving on a cruise next weekend, Will I get them in time? No biggie if I don't, it's a short trip anyway! I'll just save em for future trips.

Wonderful information! I was very happy for the coupon code too! Could anybody answer this:

How long does it generally take them to ship? I just ordered some and selected priority mail because I am leaving on a cruise next weekend, Will I get them in time? No biggie if I don't, it's a short trip anyway! I'll just save em for future trips.

I ordered mine for our last cruise in a similiar time situation as yours. They arrived in just two days. I have read on cc that many others received them in record time and were similarly impressed with the great customer service. We are very happy with them. Enjoy!

I ordered mine for our last cruise in a similiar time situation as yours. They arrived in just two days. I have read on cc that many others received them in record time and were similarly impressed with the great customer service. We are very happy with them. Enjoy!

Wooho! Great. Thanks. I ordered them at 9:30 this morning and I already have an email that says they are shipping them out and expect them in 3 business days. Monday is a holiday, so I hope it gets here by Thursday like they should!

Archived