Rum Runners

LounVal

That cracks me up...... I wonder if you know how high and mighty and holier than thou you sound......
Unbelievable? I'll bet you'd be happy when you see people like myself following the rules and not hogging chairs at the pool. I'll bet you'd be delighted to see an empty seat in a full show without me reserving a seat, again following the rules. I'll bet you'd rather I wait my turn in line following the rules. I guess some people feel they get to pick and choose which rules they like, and some of us suckers follow the rules as conscientiously as we can. If that makes me sound holier then so be it, I'm happy.

Unbelievable? I'll bet you'd be happy when you see people like myself following the rules and not hogging chairs at the pool. I'll bet you'd be delighted to see an empty seat in a full show without me reserving a seat, again following the rules. I'll bet you'd rather I wait my turn in line following the rules. I guess some people feel they get to pick and choose which rules they like, and some of us suckers follow the rules as conscientiously as we can. If that makes me sound holier then so be it, I'm happy.

I'm sooooo glad you're happy, but you really don't sound happy.:mad:

Just ordered my rum runners for the express purpose of smugging booze on a cruise ship to get blitzed while on vacation. All I have to say is WOW! With in 11 minuets of ordering it has been shipped.

BTW I promise to only break this one rule, well I might also show up at muster drill with a drink or maybe not go to muster at all we will play it as we go. but I promise I will not cut in line in the buffet (unless I'm blitzed with smuggled booze)

To STEPONBOARD

I heard the SS High and Mighty of the Holier Than Thou cruise line is now taking booking for cruise to perfection Island. Have a boring trip

Do you fill the rum runners before your flight or do you stop by a store and fill them before the cruise? Any other hiding tips?

I wouldn't recommend trying to take the Rum Runners through the TSI inspection--You're breaking FEDERAL LAW, not some arbitrary "RULE" put in place by a cruise line to enhance their profits...

Just ordered my rum runners for the express purpose of smugging booze on a cruise ship to get blitzed while on vacation. All I have to say is WOW! With in 11 minuets of ordering it has been shipped.

BTW I promise to only break this one rule, well I might also show up at muster drill with a drink or maybe not go to muster at all we will play it as we go. but I promise I will not cut in line in the buffet (unless I'm blitzed with smuggled booze)

To STEPONBOARD

I heard the SS High and Mighty of the Holier Than Thou cruise line is now taking booking for cruise to perfection Island. Have a boring trip

sorry but this is funny

Carry on or checked

Checked

Placed in an extra zip lock or not

Definitely, just in case

Hid in pants legs or just thrown in

Hide in shoes if you have them or wrap in clothes

Have a great time on the FOS, was on her in June and had a wonderful time!

Wait, would he be WEARING those pants? hee

I always smuggle in carry-on, I want to know right away if I am going to have to deal with the situation.

Yeah, not only that, but rumrunners aren't against the law. Only a rule. No one has always stayed within the speed limit.

I wouldn't recommend trying to take the Rum Runners through the TSI inspection--You're breaking FEDERAL LAW, not some arbitrary "RULE" put in place by a cruise line to enhance their profits...

TSI? You mean TSA? And you're wrong, other ships allow you to bring alcohol and bottles of alcohol on airplanes in checked luggage is fine.NOT against the law.

Look.....believe it. My issue was not about whether you follow rules or you don't. Whether you smuggle or you don't. I'm a pretty big rule follower myself (although I just received my Rumrunners today and it only took two days to the other poster who asked :). And, I try not to judge people on the decisions they make for themselves. I don't speed, or save pool chairs or show chairs or whatever else you're talking about. What cracked me up (and I did laugh out loud when I read your post) was how perfectly high and mighty you sounded. The OP wasn't asking who smuggles or doesn't and why? The OP had a question about the Rumrunners and it was comical to me that you flet the need to butt into the thread about how you don't smuggle and you signed a contract yada yada. I mean... right on! Good for you! But, no one asked. And, I just wondered if when you were typing that if you had any idea how high and mighty and holier than thou you sounded? Looking down at all us smuggling deadbeats! No offense taken and none meant. It just gave me a chuckle that's all. I mean... really.... it takes all kinds right? Live and let live:)

So.... I'm flying in on a redeye and was planning to do the dastardly deed of filling my Rumrunners here at home and putting them in my checked bag and sending them thru on the airline. Is this ok for sure??

We have always traveled with full bottles of our favs just bubble wrapped and they have flown with us as checked just fine and gotten onboard. But as this year Santa gave us RumRunners they will be in one checked bag and the regular bottles in their bubble wrap in another to see which will win the race. As we are on a 12 day cruise I am hoping all my buddies come thru!

And Oh Yeh to anyone that might feel holy... I do actually STOP at stop signs... just like the adventure of being a smuggler!

Kevin (The Smuggler)

Thanks for all the great info in this thread. I've just ordered some runrunners but am now having 2nd thoughts over what I ordered. I've got a couple of questions:

1. We usually take a 26 oz bottle in our checked luggage. That having been said, would it be better to put it into a 32 oz rumrunner or divide it up into 2 x 16 oz?

2. Our relaxation of choice is Baileys Irish Cream. Will the fact that it's not a clear liquid make any difference in it being discovered or not?

Thanks again for all the good info.

So.... I'm flying in on a redeye and was planning to do the dastardly deed of filling my Rumrunners here at home and putting them in my checked bag and sending them thru on the airline. Is this ok for sure??
The FAA considers more than 5 liters of >= 48 proof alcohol, or any amount of over 140 proof alcohol to be a hazardous material and forbids you from checking it onto a plane. Outside those limits, it's legally OK. From a moral standpoint, if you don't carefully pack (including double bagging!) and let anything leak through your luggage onto somebody elses, you go to a very bad place.

Do you have to place your carry on bags on the x-ray machine? If so, why/how didn't they detect a bottle of alcohol in your bag? Or are they just looking for hazardous materials/weapons?

If I were to sneak a bottle of vodka on board and hide it in my checked-in luggage, do they scan/ put the checked in bags thru the x-ray machine as well?

Just an aside, we still buy the wine pkgs and don't spend a penny less on board if we take a little bourbon with us. I think that's true of practically everyone. We still spend about the same or spend it elsewhere on the ship.

I don't know which is better BUT. . .

We put DH's Listerine bottle in our carryon because I didn't want our luggage to be held up because of it . I have heard too many stories about it on here.

Now it really was Listerine sealed and everything but it wasn't even checked when we went through security. I thought for sure they would have asked to see it. Now, it was a really busy boarding time, it could have been the person checking didn't care, etc. I guess there are all kind of variables.

I think I am going to put mine in my coat pockets. I carry on such a little amount. I just like to have a bit on my balcony with a coke. Like one drink before dinner, so 6 shots total. I wish they would sell those little airline bottles onboard for this purpose. I would pay $4-5 a piece. I just don't want to leave my room after my shower.

Do they have mini wine bottles in the mini-bar? That's another one I would love to pay for. I drink white and dh doesn't drink at all so buying a whole bottle and keeping it cold would be hard for one glass a night.

Monica

I agree that I spend just as much money on board even with bring some of my own cocktails. About 3 years ago I was cruising out of Charleston SC on an NCL ship and our booze got busted! I spent less money on ship that year than any other, I guess it was the thought that I had to pay for every drink made me conservitive. (not sure I spelt that right)

Archived