Iron, Kettle & Plugs on Serena

Ozza Alf

I have read that on some Costa ships there are kettles in the cabin and that irons are not allowed!

Can anyone confirm what the rules are and if there are tea coffee making facilities especially for Costa Serena.

Also can anyone confirm that plug sockets are the continental European two pin type?

We set out on Sunday so the info is kind of pressing!

Thanks

On the Serena there are coffee/tea facilities in the suites and the samsara cabins. Don't know about the other cabins.

Irons are definitely not permitted.

Sockets are dual 220v European two-pin and 110v American.

Buon viaggio!

Thanks for the info (just in time to iron and re-pack!):)

I have read that on some Costa ships there are kettles in the cabin and that irons are not allowed!

Can anyone confirm what the rules are and if there are tea coffee making facilities especially for Costa Serena.

Also can anyone confirm that plug sockets are the continental European two pin type?

We set out on Sunday so the info is kind of pressing!

Thanks

There are no tea/coffee makings in the cabins (except suites) nor are you allowed to use irons or ANY electrical item that does not have a thermostatic cut out. THIS IS AGAINST FIRE REGS. They were working on supplying makings but as of June not yet in place.

However there is free room service for 16 hours per day and a small charge at night.

Breakfast menus (limited) are left in your cabin in the evening and delivered from 6am half hourly time slots.

Have a great cruise, warm up my seat in the Juventas bar I'll be there when you get off.

There are no tea/coffee makings in the cabins (except suites) nor are you allowed to use irons or ANY electrical item that does not have a thermostatic cut out. THIS IS AGAINST FIRE REGS. They were working on supplying makings but as of June not yet in place.

However there is free room service for 16 hours per day and a small charge at night.

Breakfast menus (limited) are left in your cabin in the evening and delivered from 6am half hourly time slots.

Have a great cruise, warm up my seat in the Juventas bar I'll be there when you get off.

Thanks again Tenip. I will see if I can get you one in at the Juve bar!!

Archived