Cove balcony privacy

mwoody1967

Does anyone have insight on the privacy the new cove balconies provide on the dream? If a couple would like to share a close personal moment or two, will the cover be sufficient? Trying to be delicate here.

You will be fine. Have at 'er.

Have a great cruise.

Does anyone have insight on the privacy the new cove balconies provide on the dream? If a couple would like to share a close personal moment or two, will the cover be sufficient? Trying to be delicate here.

Keep in mind that there are cameras scanning the outsides of the ships at all times.

I knew there were cameras but was thinking that the new design of the cove balconies along with the life boats above the balconies it would mean that the privacy level would be much greater and a couple could enjoy each other on the balcony under the stars with the ocean waves in the background without having to feel they were being watched.

They are more private than most but not private enough for me...

Take a look:

Dream066.jpg

Dream067.jpg

The weather doors on the cove balconies actually serve as the partitions between balconies and there's a fair gap there the prying eyes and exploit quite easily...

:)

this has nothing to do with cove balconies, but i was on the pride out of baltimore and i went out onto my balcony after leaving port one evening and there was some moaning and groaning coming from the balcony next to mine. the guy was on his back and his arms and hands were coming under the partition and into my balcony.

i giggled a little to myself (quietly of course), shook my head at the hilarity of it and the story i could tell, and quietly re-entered my room so as to not disturb them.

Oh Snap guess What I Saw

P1000604.JPG

Oh Snap Guess what I Saw

P1000603.JPG

Oh Snap Guess What I Saw

P1000606.JPG

ok, so I think it is safe to say the cove balconies are fairly private unless someone is perving around (NOT you who took the pics..you were just demonstrating the privacy issues.) Well..I see a gap that needs filling and I think of those famous robes that people wear in the Lido buffet..you got to hang it up somewhere...hang it over the gap

Take a small bungee cord and wrap it around the top hinge and hook it on that.;)

ok, so I think it is safe to say the cove balconies are fairly private unless someone is perving around (NOT you who took the pics..you were just demonstrating the privacy issues.) Well..I see a gap that needs filling and I think of those famous robes that people wear in the Lido buffet..you got to hang it up somewhere...hang it over the gap

Take a small bungee cord and wrap it around the top hinge and hook it on that.;)

I think they are at least as private as other balconies, but there is always the potential you could end up on the Internet.

I know there are some ship cameras in strategic locations - not everything can be seen from the bridge when parallel parking and the lifeboats could easily interfere with that.

Yes, you could probably do more to conceal your activities, but it does take something away from the spontaneity of it all. The good thing about age (young or old) is that many just don't care. ;)

Don't book cabin 2361. There was a camera right in front of our balcony, just a few feet away. I assume these cameras are constantly running, with footage alongside the ship on deck two. I wouldn't think anybody looks at what is being filmed unless somebody was to go overboard. Then, of course, they would review it. Is that correct?

Since the lifeboats above deck two obstruct the cameras they have on the upper decks, they set up cameras all along deck two. I don't know how many they have, but they are there. It was the first thing we noticed.

Just make sure you don't fall overboard!:D

Finally a good use for duct tape- bring some lightweight material and tape it up over the gaps in the walls. Instant privacy. Or for that matter- just tape up the gaps.

And all this time I thought the duct tape folks were really using it for keeping their bureau drawers closed:D

I appreciated the insight given. I'm thinking we will give it a whirl but be aware of the few instances that might "pop up" to throw a monkey into the wrench. I am a risk taker but I have to convince my better half so I'm working on that end of it. Thanks for the help thus far.

Archived