Is spa open during embarkation/debarkation?

martdm

Just wondering if the spas are typically open (RCCL Sovereign to be exact) on embarkation day and debarkation day. We'll be on a three day cruise & I was hoping to get an early or late appointment rather than trying to fit it in on a port day.

Thanks!

Yes it will be opened to take tours and take appointments. I dont think it is opened for a service until the ship is underway. I dont know if theytake appointments on the last day as your account is closed by7am

Todate, to the best of my knoweledge, Royal Carbibean does not run their Ship Shap Day Spas, they are operated by STIENER, with products to die for, by the way. That is why they are not set up to take reservations for Spa treatments at the time of booking.

However, keep checking closer to Sailing because I hear that Pre Cruise Appointments are in the Works. At a discount, by the way.

The Spa Reps. are usually in the Port Terminal during peak embarkation, & who knows, you may be able to talk one into an early appointment. I have seen it done in the past. As well as Beauty Shop appointments. Why not plan on giving it a go?

I dont know if I would be wanting a massage while people are touring the facilities... that kind of defeats the purpose. I would be very surprised if they did services during the first hours of embarkation.

I have read on the celebrity boards and other places that if you get to the spa early on embarkation day, you can get free services if you are a "model". Not sure if I'd want anyone to watch me receiving a massage, but hey, if they offered me a free hot stone massage just for letting people walk by and peek in the door, I'm not going to say no!

Archived