transfers from miami airport to dock?

amanda blake

taxi? azamara transfers? rent car?

any thoughts?

Assume you mean the pier in Miami. If so, taxi is about $20-$25. If it's Ft. Lauderdale, from Miami airport to the pier taxi fare is about $50. Ship transfers are usually more expensive (as you are paying a per person charge). Taxis are certainly more convenient than waiting for everyone to board the bus for ship transfers. Hope this helps.

yes from pier to miami airport...

any ideas how much azamara wants pp...

of course I could just call and find out..lol...

No idea how much Azamara would want for transfers but I can pretty well guess that it would be more than $25 a person so if it were me I'd go for the cab. Good luck with whatever decision you make.

We were on the Journey for Panama Canal cruise, departing Miami this past

Dec. 18. We took the bus service and paid about $15 per person. (Can't remember if it was $14.50 or $15.50.) It was worth it. We checked our luggage at the bus and the next time we saw it was when it was delivered to our cabin. We thought it was the way to go for ease and convenience. BTW, we hadn't made arrangements in advance but had no trouble paying for the service in the terminal. Have a great cruise.

From the pier to Miami Airport, the taxis are regulated - flat rate - was $24, but I think it may have gone to $29. Doesn't matter how many people. I don't know if it is regulated from airport to pier.
We recently took a taxi from the cruiseport to MIA (Nov/09) and the rate was still fixed at $24 per car. No surcharges for baggage, tips appreciated. Below is the schedule for fixed rate taxi charges in Miami-Dade.

http://www.miamidade.gov/csd/library/flatRates.pdf

Hello,

I am reading this with interest because I booked so far a one way from the airport Hilton hotel in FLL to the cruise pier on 31 January.

I was told by the shuttle company that I must have a pre booked return ride out of the terminal upon return, as taxi's are not available at the cruise terminal. It sounds like a scare tactic to me.

Has anyone else heard of this. I have not booked a return from the Miami

cruise terminal to the FLL airport yet. I'm assuming a taxi or a ship transfer will be available. I do not want to book a return with a "gun"

pointed at my head!!!

not sure what we will do..trying to see if we can rent a car from the pier in miami...

we are very familiar with how things work in fort lauderdale...very easy there to go on a shuttle to the car rental...

but not sure in miami..

anyone rent a car from the pier in miami?

not sure what we will do..trying to see if we can rent a car from the pier in miami...

we are very familiar with how things work in fort lauderdale...very easy there to go on a shuttle to the car rental...

but not sure in miami..

anyone rent a car from the pier in miami?

If you are staying pre cruise in Miami then renting a car would make it worthwhile for you. Otherwise, I'd just grab a cab from the airport and head to the pier.

Also, something to think about. Not sure of your departure date as you haven't mentioned it. Remember, things start to get busy soon what with school holidays, college reading weeks, etc. so if you are going to rent a car don't wait too long.

Enjoy your cruise and the good weather.

I too am looking into transportation from the Port of Miami on Feb. 24, a Wednesday to FLL airport. I had originally contacted SAS Trasportation, but have not heard back from them as of yet. There charge is $15. each way. I need to be certain to get to FLL as I have a 1 o'clock departure.

If anyone comes up with a reasonable mode of transportation to the Ft. Lauderdale airport let me know.

Hello,

I am reading this with interest because I booked so far a one way from the airport Hilton hotel in FLL to the cruise pier on 31 January.

I was told by the shuttle company that I must have a pre booked return ride out of the terminal upon return, as taxi's are not available at the cruise terminal. It sounds like a scare tactic to me.

Has anyone else heard of this. I have not booked a return from the Miami

cruise terminal to the FLL airport yet. I'm assuming a taxi or a ship transfer will be available. I do not want to book a return with a "gun"

pointed at my head!!!

We booked one way with SAS http://www.ridesas.com/ from a FLL hotel to the Miami Cruise Port. $15 per person and no trying to sell us a return trip, We had already booked return to FLL airport with the cruise line for about $25 per.

If you are staying pre cruise in Miami then renting a car would make it worthwhile for you. Otherwise, I'd just grab a cab from the airport and head to the pier.

Also, something to think about. Not sure of your departure date as you haven't mentioned it. Remember, things start to get busy soon what with school holidays, college reading weeks, etc. so if you are going to rent a car don't wait too long.

Enjoy your cruise and the good weather.

we are staying post cruise in miami for one night at the marriott airport hotel...feb 12...and looking to rent a car at the pier...

has anyone done that?

we are staying post cruise in miami for one night at the marriott airport hotel...feb 12...and looking to rent a car at the pier...

has anyone done that?

Staying at the Marriott at the airport I assume that you aren't that keen to partake in activities in Miami or South Beach. Therefore, my suggestion would be to forgo the car rental and just take the cab to the pier. Much easier.

If you still wish to rent a car I believe the only car rental right at the pier is Avis. I'm sure you can check this out online. Remember, renting a car and returning it does take some time so I think it's easier to get into the grounds of the pier in a cab or shuttle service than in your own car rental.

Don't believe that the car rental will be less than the taxi service.

Perhaps Azamara can give you some feedback on the facilities at the pier.

Hope whatever decision you make works out for you. Enjoy your cruise.

Staying at the Marriott at the airport I assume that you aren't that keen to partake in activities in Miami or South Beach. Therefore, my suggestion would be to forgo the car rental and just take the cab to the pier. Much easier.

If you still wish to rent a car I believe the only car rental right at the pier is Avis. I'm sure you can check this out online. Remember, renting a car and returning it does take some time so I think it's easier to get into the grounds of the pier in a cab or shuttle service than in your own car rental.

Don't believe that the car rental will be less than the taxi service.

Perhaps Azamara can give you some feedback on the facilities at the pier.

Hope whatever decision you make works out for you. Enjoy your cruise.

yes would go to south beach...out for lunch, dinner...it is a long day to just stay at the marriott...we will get in around 10 am..and the flight is not untill the next day...

oh renting a car will be much more than the taxi from pier to hotel...

oh wish we were sailing from/into Fort lauderdale...so much easier with all this..and have done it many , many times..

thank you for all your advice...

yes would go to south beach...out for lunch, dinner...it is a long day to just stay at the marriott...we will get in around 10 am..and the flight is not untill the next day...

oh renting a car will be much more than the taxi from pier to hotel...

oh wish we were sailing from/into Fort lauderdale...so much easier with all this..and have done it many , many times..

thank you for all your advice...

Sailing in and out of Miami is easy too. Car rental for the day would probably end up being about $65 or so. Yes, you have the use of the car for a full 24 hours and could return to the airport on your own with the car the following day. You can still choose this option if you want. Otherwise, you don't have to stay at the Marriott as you noted. There is always the option of taking cabs wherever you want. Based upon your comments guess you just have to decide whether or not you want to spend money on this option. I'm sure that Azamara has a post cruise tour as well that you may wish to join in on. There are always sightseeing buses, etc., etc. Perhaps after your cruise you will be just as content to sit and relax. I'm sure that you will find something to fill in your day while in Miami.

Archived