Early Flight from FLL

Solstice23

Hello I have friends who have decided to join our Large group of more then 70 on the Solstice this coming March. They cant get flights to Toronto for any decent price now. Is 11:12 am flight leaving FLL to Buffalo Ok will they make the flight? I am aware after sailing so many times its only 10 minutes from the pier but can someone confirm this is reasonable time?

Thanks

It SHOULD be ok but, you just never know what can happen with clearing the ship. There have been some recent posts abut late disembarking. It really is a crap shoot. We had a 10:40 flight that American changed to 10:15 & I called & changed to the 1:15 "just in case". I am sure, we will be at the airport sitting & waiting before 9AM!!!:p Just my luck. Good luck!

Walk off with your luggage....grab a taxi and they will easily make it. We have never had an issue. It is only a 10 minute ride.

I did all of that a few years ago when I booked an early flight post-cruise out of Ft Lauderdale. Everything went perfect, that is everything that I could control.

The part that did not go perfect was the part I could not control. Customs took a long time to clear the ship for disembarkation. It was a miracle that I made the flight.

There is a good reason that the cruise lines recommend not booking departing flights before noon. If your friends have no other option, then I guess they can do it but I would recommend investigating a plan B should all not go as planned.

I would say no problem except for the fact that your friends are non-US citizans. The immigration lines are much longer for those without US passports.

Something to keep in mind. It really depends on the number of non-US folks on the cruise.

We were last off on a TA that ended in Miami and had a late afternoon flight. We wanted to be last off and I guess were and breezed through customs and immigration (at the curb at 9am). But for the non-US folks there was a big long line.

You might also want to check what other ships are disembarking that day. I wouldn't want to be trying to meet that flight schedule with Oasis disgorging it's 5000 pax at the same time.

I would say no problem except for the fact that your friends are non-US citizans. The immigration lines are much longer for those without US passports.

Something to keep in mind. It really depends on the number of non-US folks on the cruise.

We were last off on a TA that ended in Miami and had a late afternoon flight. We wanted to be last off and I guess were and breezed through customs and immigration (at the curb at 9am). But for the non-US folks there was a big long line.

You might also want to check what other ships are disembarking that day. I wouldn't want to be trying to meet that flight schedule with Oasis disgorging it's 5000 pax at the same time.

Yes I agree as we are canadian, But they are not flying to Canada they are flying to the USA still. We have major issues with carry ons 4 hour wait times to clear customs in toronto to fly to the usa now since Christmas day. They will have already cleared customs and when you fly within the states with Canadian Passport, not usually to much work compared to flying back home. When you fly to the USA from Toronto you clear USA customs and immigration in Toronto prior to the flight, so lately many people have missed flights as they pat down every single passenger (I am not kidding)

Thanks for all the help fellow Celebrity Board people

Hello I have friends who have decided to join our Large group of more then 70 on the Solstice this coming March. They cant get flights to Toronto for any decent price now. Is 11:12 am flight leaving FLL to Buffalo Ok will they make the flight? I am aware after sailing so many times its only 10 minutes from the pier but can someone confirm this is reasonable time?

Thanks

When I filled out the online registration last week and filled in 10:30A FlLL departure time for our return , a message popped up stating departures should be no earlier than 11:30A. I would think 11:15 is close enough to that time frame.

Not wanting to rush or walk off the ship with golf clubs and luggage, I switched to a 12:00 flight.

Hope this helps.

Mari:)

Canadians go thru the same Customs line as American citizens.

Canadians go thru the same Customs line as American citizens.

My bad. All I can say is that in Miami everyone stood in one big long line until they got two lines going. There were a large amount of Europeans on the cruise (it was a TA that started in Barcelona). Some miscomunication or bad traffic control by Customs/INS/TSA. There were no signs stating US/Canadian (or is North American?).

Just to clarify, this was at the Cruise Port, not the Airport.

We left the Solstice yesterday morning at 7:15 with our luggage and were at the airport by 7:45. We were on a HAL cruise in November and were at the airport by 8:00. Use express debarkation and walk off with your luggage and also check in on-line the day before.

I guess there is always a chance at a delay but I've heard that is most common with transatlantic arrivals.

When we filled out the on-line check it wouldn't let us put our flight in so we just looked up another one a bit later in the day. I figure it's our risk so what do they care??

The only thing I'd be aware of is a medical emergency. A year ago, there was a medical emergency the day before our arrival. The ship was delayed getting to Fort Lauderedale. It did not arrive until 10:30 am. Celebrity allowed everyone free phone calls to change there flight.

Of course, this is not a regular occurence but...

Archived