Can you park your car at the Port Canavarel?

DimSum

Hi,

Sorry I have another question about ground transportation to the port. If you rent a car from the airport can you park the car rental at the port and pick it back when you finish your cruise? Is there a parking lot near by? Anyone have any experience with car rentals and leaving it at the port?

TIA

Yes you can park a car at the port. Theres 2 lots (sometimes.Theres always at least 1 due to construction needs) to park. The going rate I think is 15.00 per night.

As far as rental returns I honestly dont know since I live so close to the port Ive personaly never had to deal with one.

There are some car rentals that you can drop off the rental car at cocoa Beach and they have a shuttle to take you back to the port. Then when you return they will pick you up and rent you the car again to go back to the airport or where eve ryour going.

You can check online but i think Hertz and Avis are 2 of them that have shuttles. That saves you the $15 per day parking and paying to rent while your gone. It isn't quite as convenient because you do need to take time to shuttle back and forth but most rental places are only a 5 to 8 minute ride to the port.

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't pay $15/day to park the car in addition to the daily car rental fee. I have booked one-way rentals from Avis and Budget between the airport or WDW and Cape Canaveral. Unless you got a super low weekly car rental rate, you're just wasting money parking the rental car while you cruise.

we've always just rented @ MCO & parked; since we do the shorter itineraries. With some persistence not hard to find great weekly rental rates @ MCO in the $120 range after discounts & coupons. Im willing to pay for the convenience factor since we can then make a quick get away after disembarking & enjoy a full day in the parks.

There are some car rentals that you can drop off the rental car at cocoa Beach and they have a shuttle to take you back to the port. Then when you return they will pick you up and rent you the car again to go back to the airport or where eve ryour going.

You can check online but i think Hertz and Avis are 2 of them that have shuttles. That saves you the $15 per day parking and paying to rent while your gone. It isn't quite as convenient because you do need to take time to shuttle back and forth but most rental places are only a 5 to 8 minute ride to the port.

As far as my research goes, its more expensive to do that then to just rent the car for the week. I tried, no luck.

As far as my research goes, its more expensive to do that then to just rent the car for the week. I tried, no luck.

same for me, hertz & avis always much higher than national/alamo/dollar out of MCO

i am considering staying in cocoa beach/port canaveral night before @ hotel that offers free parking shuttle to/fro the pier if i can get a decent rate. So many people have said they've gotten great deals, figure we can even do the parks then drive over in evening if need be after rush hour. Im digging out my copy of passporter tonight;)know there's a list in there of hotels that offer cruise pkgs.

For our upcoming trip in May, we are renting a car from Alamo (typically one of the very cheapest rental companies at MCO) and paying to keep it at the port. Yes, it's an extra $15 per night, when I added up the cost of doing this vs. the cost of two rentals (add that to the fact that DH hates taking the shuttles back and forth to the port), I am only spending $42 more.

For that $42, we can park at port and know that the car will be waiting for us when we dock after the cruise. I can't really complain about that :o

Archived