Rum Runners?? do they work on RCL

just type in Google.com and fill in rum runner and it will give you the imformation

Caution: There is at least one RunRunner.com type URL that goes to an unsafe web site. Much better to search for Rum Runner Flasks and even then be cautious about site to click on. Make sure anti-virus and net security software are up to date.

Wow...26 posts and nobody has posted anything about how it's against the rules to smuggle, morally wrong, ethically wrong, cruise prices are going to go up if you use them, RCCL's bottom line will be hurt if you use them and blah blah blah.

Go ahead you guys...I just donned my flame retardant suit.

I have no interest in the subject, but made a prediction of how long it would take for someone to do that. Your the winner!

another rum runner question - are they re-usable?

The photo I've seen doesn't look that easy to clean between uses.

To be practical they have to be washable and dry thoroughly between uses and the sort of nozzle looking thing I've seen has me questioning if it can be re-used

41pI7XZfqzL._SS500_.jpg

Why worry, surly the alcohol will sterilize it anyway. :D have used them a few times, brilliant.

Edited by francesam

OMG...someone please tell me what a Rum Runner is and where I can get one:D We are flying out this Saturday for our cruise on FOS Sunday! Any hints for getting a bottle or 2 on board with us? other people that are going with us are driving and taking our luggage for us so I don't have to worry about and TSA at airports....just getting it on the ship!

Why don't you just buy pints, bubble wrap and then zipock bag them and put inside checked bags.

Never had a problem since 2004.....

They don't conform their shape like Rum Runners do and they weigh way too much. I've never had a problem with them either, but like Rum Runners much better and they are so cheap.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from our cruise. There was a convention of travel agents so not sure that helped our group of 23 out or not. No one in our group had any problems. glass or plastic didn't matter. Someone actually had the white scope bottles.

I wasted a lot of time worrying.

Worked like a charm on recent sailing on rcl. Not sure what all the fuss was. When we were in Barbados we bought a special bottle of rum at Mt Gay and I didn't hide it upon return to ship and it was in a Mt Gay bag and no problem whatsoever. We only enjoyed one drink a night in our cabin on our verandah and sent well over 500 dollars on wine and other drinks on our cruise so have no guilt about this whatsoever.

Whilst not confirming that I will be using the aforementioned Runners, the quality of them available in the UK looks very poor. I have only checked on a well known auction website, and there was only 1 UK seller, but are they as flimsy as they look? They don't appear strong enough to re-use.

Does anyone have any UK experience?

Everytime somebody posts a question about rum runners it turns into a debate about right/wrong booze smuggling.

I don't know why the non-smugglers hijack the thread to debate with smugglers. I would like hear from the smugglers and know if any of the non-smuggling do-gooders have ever saved a soul and changed the dirty minds of us smugglers so RCCL doesn't go bankrupt? :rolleyes:

The smuggling of booze is best summed up by the fact that the people who do smuggle are just TOO DAMN CHEAP!You can justify it all you want but that is the bottom line!

Yep. I'm too damn cheap. That's why I smuggle on only premium brand liquor to drink on the balcony of my suite! :rolleyes:

Edited by iluvkst

I just got off FOS this pasr Sunday and had no problem at all getting my rum runners through. They are very dourable as well and I plan to re use them numerous times!! I just placed them in different areas of my luggage towards the bottom and the made it through with no problems!

I flew to L.A. with rumrunners in my checked bag and my carry on bag. TSA in Atlanta didn't find them and neither did Mariner's scanners. Also brought a little back in carry on bag and they again went through TSA in L.A no problem. Love rumrunners!!

TSA didn't find them in the checked bag because they don't care. No law broken there unless it's over a certain proof. Would never use one in a carry on myself.

Whilst not confirming that I will be using the aforementioned Runners, the quality of them available in the UK looks very poor. I have only checked on a well known auction website, and there was only 1 UK seller, but are they as flimsy as they look? They don't appear strong enough to re-use.

Does anyone have any UK experience?

Got two, used two. And no, they are not flimsy. ;)

I have taken them on all my cruises in the checked luggage without any problem. The last few cruises I have put a small RR in my cargo shorts deep front pocket and not had a problem as the RR is plastic. It will not set off the metal detector.

Everytime somebody posts a question about rum runners it turns into a debate about right/wrong booze smuggling.

I don't know why the non-smugglers hijack the thread to debate with smugglers. I would like hear from the smugglers and know if any of the non-smuggling do-gooders have ever saved a soul and changed the dirty minds of us smugglers so RCCL doesn't go bankrupt? :rolleyes:

You go Kaykels !! I agree - if you're going to be negative go away ... don't go away mad - just go away... and keep your opinions to yourself.:mad:

AnDeNo.UK....

Will you fill yours before you fly or once you get to Majorca?

I can't decide what to do, can I trust them with the Manchester Airport bagggage handlers?!!! :p

Kim

Sorry Kim, just saw your post. We will be filling ours in Majorca. ;)