Any hotel recommendations for Haines/Wrangell?

rafinmd

woo-hoo, taking the ferry. you're really cruising now.

a stopover in wrangell? with the downturn of the timber industry, they are kind of ....................... whatever.

can you stay on the ferry for another 4 hours? though i'm kind of tossed between being proud of p'burg for what it is vs. keeping it a secret...

other than b&b's, the only place to stay in wrangell is the stikine inn.

seriously, take a pass on wrangell for petersburg. i really want you to enjoy your trip through southeast.

I chose Wrangell mainly because I'll already be visiting Petersburg as a port of call on the Spirit of Columbia, but also because I'd prefer to get off the ferry at 10:00pm, rather than 2AM. I think Cruise West will offer some kind of tour in Petersburg, but is there something there I should consider either in addition to or in place of what they might offer?

When are you going? July/August is prime time for Anan Creek bear viewing from Wrangell. Well worth a day trip. Several operators but I used Breakaway Adventures in the past and will again.

Zimovia B&B in Wrangell and Tanani Bay B&B in Haines are both great. Both +-$100 or slightly more per night in the summer.

Archived