The Big O, Still a Lovely Lady!

dag144

Just returned from seven very nice days on the Oosterdam. I returned on Sat., Jan., 16th. Glad to report that HAL continues to do a good job on this ship. I wrote a review, which CC might just publish in the next few days, since I did not use any cuss words.

Glad to say that the 2007 renovation is very fine, the tiles are very nice, the munchies in the bars are better than ever, the Chocolate Extravaganza is still going strong, and the new Canaletto Restaurant (no charge) is wonderful.

Best improvement is the pizza available all day (not at breakfast alas) best on the seas! Couldn't find the bong bong fellow, but I had open seating. You can't have everything, but I almost did.

Get out and cruise!:)

Thank you for checking in. Sounds like you had a ball. We recently returned from a wonderful vacation on the Oosterdam as well. Glad she is still meeting people's expectations.

Would you mind posting your review to this board? Can't wait to read it!!!

:D:D:D

The Yum Yum man came around with his chimes every night in December on the Noordam. He would always come by us in the Pinnacle Bar so we would know it was time to get to dinner. One night we had some guests with us and they said it was time to leave for dinner but I said we had to wait for the Yum Yum man to come and tell us and there he was a couple minutes later! I just loved it.... made us feel like he was donig it just for us;).

On this my most recent cruise which left on Saturday, formal night was Sunday, the second night out, and the second formal night, was Thursday, the second to last night out.

I think that I did see the Yum Yum man on my way to the Ocean Bar at 7pm. He was doing something else. However, he does give out the ginger when you leave the dining room. Also the coffee is much improved!

Archived