Does carnival transfer service require car seats?

SuperCoolOne

Transfers are almost always in a bus....no seat belts...so, no carseat--it won't work!

Ummm I called Carnival and spoke with them about this and they told me it's FL law to require children (of weight and height requirements) in car seats when in a moving vehicle. I also called their contractor who does the shuttles and they told me the same. We can be denied boarding to the shuttle if we don't bring their car seats.

Why would you want to risk it anyway?

We won't be using car seats on the plane, will not need car seats for the hotel or airport shuttles and the one excursion we have booked is by boat.

Not taking 3 car seats for one trip from the airport.

Then you need to make sure the shuttle is a bus since they dont have seat belts

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from a Carnival cruise, Miami port, nope, no car seats required. It is a large bus, aka Greyhound, and has no seat belts. The car seats must be placed under the bus for storage (even the baby carriers for little ones). I can't believe the carrier told you that - they should know better. I'd check with them again and make sure you speak to someone other than the receptionist!

Sarah

Yeah even I am kind of surprised at this one. Carnival transports by bus. Seacrsvz made an excellent analogy by saying like "greyhound". The cruise lines use those big buses, then NO car seat can be used. The bus driver will ask that the car seat be stowed under the bus because the seat cannot safely be locked into a bus seat. So the driver will ask that they be stowed.

If you take a taxi, then you need a car seat in Florida.

And that is not the case with those Carnival buses.

Archived