Parking for Port of Miami

HuskyBoy

check parking at the Miami airport to find out cost or check hotels near the airport that may allow you to park there for free if you book one night - I know people have done that in the Fort Lauderdale area. Some hotels may have shuttles but, even if they don't, the cab fare r/t is probably still cheaper than parking fees for 7 days. Since I'm a local, I have never done it but it seems to work great for those that do.

You can check the North American Homeports forum on CruiseCritic, click on 'East Coast Departures' for suggestions. Or this website (parksleepfly.com) lists hotels that offer parking included in your hotel rate (I believe that they are located near the Miami airport). Some may offer just a hotel to ship shuttle, and then just take a taxi back after your cruise to pick up your vehicle. It would be more relaxing to arrive the day prior to your cruise and not worry about possible delays in getting to the ship. Welcome to CC and have a great cruise!

Just working to keep our expenses low - any ideas on parking in Miami that will not run $20/day and still be convenient and safe?

Rent a car from National or Alamo...drive to the Alamo/National Miami shuttle center (near the airport) and take the free Alamo shuttle to the ship. Reverse the procedure when you return.

We paid no drop-off fee for this 2 weeks ago. (I believe this only applies to rentals within the state of Florida)

(National and Alamo are the same company and so share the shuttle)

We now always park with Premier Cruise Parking. They have a parking garage you park in and free shuttles to and from all the ships. You park your car yourself with directions where from their staff. Their fee is $10.88 a day plus, for 7 days, sales tax $9.22, Service fee (?) of $4.00. Our total was $89.38 VS. $140 at the port.

They are at 1415 NE 2nd Ave., Miami, FL 33132, very close to the port. Phone number is 800-345-3195. They prefer you to make a reservation and pay before you get there. Then they email directions and receipts to use when you get there. You don't need to rent a car with their free shuttle to and from the port.

(We used to use another parking place but they just had a lot and would park your car. Easy to get bumped into there! And a distance from the port.)

Archived