How far is cave tubing from the port area?

jtonra

We're thinking about doing the cave tubing thing (with cave-tubing.com if that matters). How long does it take to get to and from the port area to the cave tubing?

We just returned from this....it took about an hour by tour bus from the port to the cave tubing site.

Had a blast....booked thru http://www.shoretrips.com.

Popular spot! Lots of tourists doing the tubing.

Note: take water shoes or sneakers that you can get wet. Flip-flops are a no-no.

My impression was that ALL cave tubing operators wind up at the same place. It is a national park operated by the Belize govt. (I think) :)

Yes it's about an hour long ride (depending on how "efficient" your driver is :)) We did cave-tubing.com a couple years ago and really enjoyed them, but I've heard good things about most of the operators. And yes, everyone ends up at the same river area to tube.

Only thing I didn't like about it was having to get up so early (Im not a morning person). You will need to leave the ship as early as possible since its a long tender ride in and a full day of traveling and tubing. But its worth it!

Archived