Last Minute Cruising from Baltimore, NJ, or NY??

ktcruiser

Hi, wondering if anyone local to the east coast has had luck booking last minute CHEAP cruises out of Baltimore, Bayonne, or NYC?

DH and I are in NJ and would love to just hop on a last minute spring break cruise out of one of those ports, if we could get one just a few days in advance for really cheap and just drive there.

Do any of the cruise lines have any kind of notification/cheap deals for such last minute booking? I'm guessing that people do cancel their cruises at the last minute and the cruiseline would love to fill that cabin if last minute bookers are available. (Looks like NCL and Carnival have cruises at the time we're looking at.)

thanks for any info!

explorer tends to sell out...especially in the spring and summer...i am having a hard time finding something for next month...

i DID get decent last minute deals on a b2b in nov/dec of 09...JS guarantees....

as for baltimore, i would say no way....and the only thing in NY now is NCL and they seem to be pretty full (i was looking at everything!)

Hi, wondering if anyone local to the east coast has had luck booking last minute CHEAP cruises out of Baltimore, Bayonne, or NYC?

DH and I are in NJ and would love to just hop on a last minute spring break cruise out of one of those ports, if we could get one just a few days in advance for really cheap and just drive there.

Do any of the cruise lines have any kind of notification/cheap deals for such last minute booking? I'm guessing that people do cancel their cruises at the last minute and the cruiseline would love to fill that cabin if last minute bookers are available. (Looks like NCL and Carnival have cruises at the time we're looking at.)

thanks for any info!

spring is the busy season, even if they have something open, its normally in the penalty period. They sometimes don't discount then.(discounting annoys a lot of people especially when they can't get the lower fare). but there are a number of TA's who specialize in last minute discounts. Good luck. Beacuse of the high cost of airfare, these home-ports are very busy and expensive(because no airfare is required). But there are sometimes last minute deals....but if you have to go then you need to try to find a low fare that you like even now.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1123857

see this thread and the article posted there.

Archived