Concierge lounge question

DachshundsRule

Hello all, we are new to Oceania, just booked the Colonial on Marina. Can anyone tell me if wine is complimentary in the concierge lounge? We are not big drinkers but like a cocktail before dinner. I thought it might help us justify going for the Concierge veranda level - which otherwise doesn't seem very necessary.

Thanks, sorry for the newbie question. Can't seem to find a search function...

Huh. I'm surprised. We had a suite on Royal Caribbean's Navigator Of the Seas a couple of years ago (ugh) and the concierge lounge had a nightly wine & cheese hour. I realize you can't compare the two lines but what actually goes on in the Concierge Lounge then?

Also, there appears to be another "Executive Lounge" on Deck 11 - is this an uber concierge lounge that is specifically for the suites and penthouses?

It's difficult to discuss "what goes on" because Oceania has never had a concierge lounge or an executive lounge, and will not until Marina is launched in approximately a year. I'm sure as the time grows closer, more information will be released. After all, they have to keep our interest piqued...;)

As for the relative value in concierge, the price differences are approximately $100 per step between B4 and A1. The cabins closest to the center of the ship in each category (B1, A1) are worth more because of the lesser chance of motion in the middle. The closer to the ends of the ship, the lower the price. The other difference has more to do with the height of the deck than any other amenities. B1 and B2 are more expensive than B3 and B4, because they are a deck higher, with no other changes. Similarly, going up yet another deck should be enough to justify the same difference between B1 and B2, and A4 and A3. The premium for a higher deck is present on almost every cruise ship, whether mass market, premium or luxury. The fact that they are throwing in some additional amenities at the A (concierge) level is just gravy.

For me, the height of the deck has no importance, so I have booked a B4. I may miss some of the concierge amenities, but I'll survive...;)

• 2 months later...
And yes, the Executive Lounge is for PHs, and larger suites. Don't know if there will be a difference between that and the concierge lounge and if so, what that difference will be.

I'm sure that there will be a difference between the two lounges. If I had to guess, I'd start with the furnishings. Maybe even the size of the lounges. And has been stated, O likes to keep us guessing.

Thanks, Jan. It is so nice to have this forum available since it is so helpful to get answers and info quickly. Also, the roll calls are great. I have already "met" a great many of nice people before our TA on Marina in Nov. 2011. Wow!! Can't wait til sailing!!

I'm sure that there will be a difference between the two lounges. If I had to guess, I'd start with the furnishings. Maybe even the size of the lounges. And has been stated, O likes to keep us guessing.

The guests in the Executive lounge will be much better looking than those in the Concierge lounge.;)

The guests in the Executive lounge will be much better looking than those in the Concierge lounge.;)

Well then - I guess I shouldn't plan on booking a PH or above. Don't want to lower the bar with my "voice and Face made for radio"!:)

• 10 months later...
Some time ago we posted the question as to what exactly does one receive in the Executive Lounge on the Marina......has anyone any up-to-date news on this ?? :confused:

This question has already been answered. Aside from several very comfy seating areas, the lounge contains a BIG big screen TV, several computer stations, and a large refreshment counter. Magazines and Newspapers are provided, and the Concierge on duty will usually have printed off some preliminary information on the ports to come..

Canned Soda and bottled juices and water are always available, as are coffee and tea. There is an Espresso/Cappuccino machine if you care to take the trouble.

The food selections vary with the time of day; croissants and bagels in the morning, fruit and cookies at lunch, canapés at cocktail time and various nibbles through the evening.

We were in a PH on the Maiden Voyage and had access to the Executive Lounge. It is not a large room, maybe 12'-30'. There are two computer stations in the space, a concierge (who was seldom there when we were there), seating for about half a dozen other people, a television and magazine rack (which was mostly O literature during the Maiden Voyage, but is supposed to include up-to-date magazines), and a snack area with a coffee/espresso/cappucino/latte machine (it has hot water and tea as well), a cooler with water and soda, and snacks (mini-croissants in the morning, small sandwiches at lunch, etc.). It is supposed to be open 24-7, but I was never there in the evening, so can't speak to what was available in the evening.

Hope that helps.

Kay

As near as I can figure out, having used the concierge lounge and peeked into the executive lounge, they both provide the same amenities but the executive lounge is more richly decorated and more closely resembles the "country manor" libraries on the R ships.

Archived