Just off Ruby--PH suite

Princess Sassy

Wherever you go have fun.

Do agree with you on smoking but certainly not going to let someone drive me off the balcony by their smoke.

For noise they have deck plans you can look at and read CC.

Also why don't you read the review on the Coral of the Panama crossing you might get a different perspective.

We have to ask the OP if this booking was an upgrade? We were upgraded to a PH in this location on the Emerald and experienced all that she did and more. But we had to ask ourselves if we wanted to look a gift horse in the mouth. We survived the noisy location but would sympathize with anyone who had to pay for that pleasure.

To the OP, if you liked the PH, and most other things about your cruise, why not try one of the other Princess ships. On the Grand PH are on Carribe - midships, probably one of the best locations. If not then try the VS or PS aft.

(The only thing that annoys me about smoking is people who obviously dont like it but then continue to stand or sit in the smoking areas and constantly whinge and mutter about it under their breath).

A&L Ont,

Thank you for the review. Instead of booking a PH we booked a PS hoping to not have smoke drift our way. I am even thinking about not bringing my nice formal dresses because I have been reading PescadorArmillo say there is smoke filled hallways. I really do not want my clothes smelling of smoke and I will not dry clean my dresses on board. Did you notice a problem with smoke in hallways? We are at the very back of the ship -could there be more of a problem?

Check out Celebrity or Oceania that is where we are going next, very strict no smoking policy. After talking with a Celebrity rep (very knowledgeable) we cannot wait!

We were on Celebrity in September. We took a late booking in CC near the front of the ship and near to the crew quarters. The smell of cigarette smoke was horrendous - not only in the corridor - but filtered through to the cabin too. We were surprised, as we too thought smokng was a no go on Celebrity. I expect it very much depends on cabin location - but that - and Celebrity's inflexibility around other things, was enough for us for us to stick with Princess.

Glenda

I won't book w/Celebrity because they don't allow smoking on their balconies. For those who complain about smoking, try Celebrity or one of the lines that have banned smoking altogether. You'll be much happier and so will I and others who smoke on their balconies.

that is the absolute truth... i think that most smokers are considerate of other people, but as for people not smoking on balconies... first of all, people are not in their cabins much, so much of the smoking is done on the top deck... if people don't want to put up with smoking, i am quite sure there are a lot of lovely land based non-smoking resorts.

I'm currently staying in a PS aft suite on the Ruby and loving it. Its amazingly quiet back here except for the wake, which I use to lull myself to sleep each night. I have to thank these very forums for warning me about the noise issue on the Rivera deck and am quite happy with our suite on Aloha.

We've had zero issues with smoke on the balcony or in the halls. Someone mentioned at dinner tonite that Port side cabins on the Ruby are smoking permitted, and Starboard are not. Is this true? Just wondering for future booking information!

Archived