Please read, maybe you can help!!!

booth22

Okay everyone on this board has been great help, so much so that we have scheduled our excursions for our july cruise already. Wife an I are traveling with our folks who don't seem to understand the idea of shore excursions booking up! I've shown them this board and all the advice on booking early, but they just keep putting it off. They even told us who they think are booking with- Capt. Larry and Kayak Ketchikan- two of the fastest to sell out!

How do I explain to them the urgency to book excursions they would like to do before they are sold out? Any ideas would be great, or if anyone wants to tell them yourself to help us, please leave a message here and I will show them! Please Help!!!

First come, first serve - if they wait too long you just may be going without them. You'll win in the "great experience" division, they'll lose and end up with whatever is left. What is "waiting too long?" - it depends on a lot of things, but there's no downside to booking early (if you understand the deposit refund policies). If they don't believe you they aren't going to believe us either, though.

Murray

Okay everyone on this board has been great help, so much so that we have scheduled our excursions for our july cruise already. Wife an I are traveling with our folks who don't seem to understand the idea of shore excursions booking up! I've shown them this board and all the advice on booking early, but they just keep putting it off. They even told us who they think are booking with- Capt. Larry and Kayak Ketchikan- two of the fastest to sell out!

How do I explain to them the urgency to book excursions they would like to do before they are sold out? Any ideas would be great, or if anyone wants to tell them yourself to help us, please leave a message here and I will show them! Please Help!!!

Hi!

Are all of you booking shore excursions through the ship or independently? If through the ship, I would suggest that they pre-reserve and then, if they change their minds just cancel within the allowable time frame to avoid being charged. I would suggest that approach as an "insurance policy" even if they envision booking independently.

It would be a shame to have your heart set on something specific like bear viewing that sells out quickly and not be able to bring those memories home!

Have a great cruise!

I booked a helicopter tour today for my son and I, and the person from Coastal said that things were still wide open. When I mentioned that I was a bit nervous about tours selling out, he did say that they do sell out quickly, but that is usually in late Feb and early March. So you do have a little lead way.

We are booking independently, not through the ship, and they have said they would like to join us on the excursions we are doing, but they don't seem to understand they will book out. Arghh. Thanks for the support. We just would hate for them to miss out.

Archived