Which hotel near Bayside Marketplace?

PR Cruisers

Holiday Inn is definitely the closest but Hyatt, Intercontinental, Doubletree, Marriott Biscayne Bay and Hilton are all within walking distance during the day. There is also a free People Mover station about a block from the Hilton and Marriott that will take you near Bayside. At night I suggest taking a cab to or from Bayside and all of the above hotels except for the Holiday Inn which is basically across the street from the entrance to Bayside. There is also a People Mover station at the Hyatt.

We have used Priceline to get downtown Miami hotels whenever we have sailed from Miami and our successful bids have been less than the hotels including the HI offer on their websites.

The Courtyard by Marriott on 2nd is walking distance. I've stayed there quite a few times. Took about 15 minutes to walk thru downtown.

The Marriott Bayside is not as easy walk but you could if you really wanted too. When I stayed there we took a taxi for a couple of bucks.

Holiday Inn is definitely the closest but Hyatt, Intercontinental, Doubletree, Marriott Biscayne Bay and Hilton are all within walking distance during the day. There is also a free People Mover station about a block from the Hilton and Marriott that will take you near Bayside. At night I suggest taking a cab to or from Bayside and all of the above hotels except for the Holiday Inn which is basically across the street from the entrance to Bayside. There is also a People Mover station at the Hyatt.

We have used Priceline to get downtown Miami hotels whenever we have sailed from Miami and our successful bids have been less than the hotels including the HI offer on their websites.

It's weird that I keep coming across this type of comment because I felt perfectly safe walking from Bayside to the Marriott at night. If one is concerned about safety, then yes, I'd suggest the Holiday Inn because it literally is across the street from Bayside. The view from a top floor suite is also fantastic when looking over Bayside and out toward the pier when the ships are in.

It's weird that I keep coming across this type of comment because I felt perfectly safe walking from Bayside to the Marriott at night. If one is concerned about safety, then yes, I'd suggest the Holiday Inn because it literally is across the street from Bayside. The view from a top floor suite is also fantastic when looking over Bayside and out toward the pier when the ships are in.

Normally I would agree with you, but everytime in the past when I have mentioned that I think the Marriott and Hilton are within walking distance of Bayside, someone usually responds with dire warnings of the dangers of walking between those two locations at night. Since I only visit there occasionally I figured that they might be better informed about the area. In addition,the last two or three times we have stayed in Miami there has usually been construction going on between Bayside and those hotels which made walking at night, somewhat treacherous. I would be willing to follow your example but I fear that my wife would insist on a cab.;)

Personally, I do not like the Holiday Inn, we checked in there and our room was truly nasty. It smelled like a teenage boy's room that hasn't been aired out in a while! Staff was not too pleasant either BUT it was a big Miami Heat weekend, so we said no thank you and went to the Marriot Biscayne Bay.

AHHHHHHHHH....home! and a view of the port!:D

The HI is not a great hotel, I probably wouldn't stay there for a vacation, but for one night precruise I thought it was perfectly adequate. We got a room on a high floor, facing the port, and the view is really great, day or night :).

What about parking at Bayside Marketplace? There is plenty of parkings? How much?

They have street level parking as well as a parking garage, but we didn't have a car so I didn't notice the price.

483771767_MiamiSoBe014.jpg.ff2de3c91b6d86396d9b319dd25b2a61.jpg

1878179991_MiamiSoBe046.jpg.8936b584113eeb2422b689f5e2ecdb24.jpg

1540659430_MiamiSoBe021.jpg.1001c948640f2b4413211733bcbc82a3.jpg

Personally, I do not like the Holiday Inn, we checked in there and our room was truly nasty. It smelled like a teenage boy's room that hasn't been aired out in a while! Staff was not too pleasant either BUT it was a big Miami Heat weekend, so we said no thank you and went to the Marriot Biscayne Bay.

AHHHHHHHHH....home! and a view of the port!:D

I'm sorry for your experience at the Holiday Inn. I've had a regular room and a suite; both were clean and free from musk.

I will agree, however, that I prefer the Marriot if you could get an upper floor room with a view of the port. If you're across the hall, the view is much less spectacular.

Surprisingly I didn't care for the Hyatt and I'm a huge Hyatt snob. I'd prefer a regular room at the Holiday Inn over a room at Miami's Hyatt any day. If they could somehow switch the Hyatt in Coral Gables with the one downtown, I'd be happy. If they could make the downtown Hyatt resemble Seattle's Grand Hyatt, I'd be in paradise.

The HI is not a great hotel, I probably wouldn't stay there for a vacation, but for one night precruise I thought it was perfectly adequate. We got a room on a high floor, facing the port, and the view is really great, day or night :).

I feel the same way. It is an older hotel but is adequate. For me you cant beat it for location, directly across from Bayside marketplace. Also a CVS store just a block away where you can stock up on "cruise supplies".

It is fine for one night precruise, especially if you can get a room on a high floor, then if you are an early riser you can watch the ships come in early morning. I do however recommend trying priceline or hotline/hotwire, because you will do somewhat better than booking directly with HI.:)

Archived