San Juan Luis Munoz Intl Airport

philv

I have never been to SJ and am wondering if some of you more seasoned cruisers can help me. Arriving on Delta Airlines Mar 7. Plan on grabbing luggage and catching taxi to ship at Panamerican pier. Can someone guide me through airport to taxi stand? I think the fare is $19 and $1 per bag. What's the customary tip? Thanks in advance.

I have never been to SJ and am wondering if some of you more seasoned cruisers can help me. Arriving on Delta Airlines Mar 7. Plan on grabbing luggage and catching taxi to ship at Panamerican pier. Can someone guide me through airport to taxi stand? I think the fare is $19 and $1 per bag. What's the customary tip? Thanks in advance.

The taxi stand is usually outside of baggage claim. They write up a ticket prior to you going and give it to the driver. The price and bag fees are set. As for the tip, depends on the driver and help with the luggage. I think we gave $5 for our trip from the hotel to the pier ($15 ride, plus bags).

The taxi stand is usually outside of baggage claim. They write up a ticket prior to you going and give it to the driver. The price and bag fees are set. As for the tip, depends on the driver and help with the luggage. I think we gave $5 for our trip from the hotel to the pier ($15 ride, plus bags).
Is that $15 per person or per car? Reason I ask is we have 3 going to SJ next month. Debating on going with Carnival transfer $15 per person or if we just hit the taxi to the port.

Don't do the cruise transfers in San Juan. You pay by the taxi and per bag. Just head to your left when you get out of baggage claim. Go to the taxi stand and they'll give you a piece of paper with the cost on it (exluding tip). You have the price right. $19 plus $1 bag, plus tip. If you do the transfers, then you have to wait for the bus to fill up and wait for them to dig all of the bags out. It's probably too late for you, but I encourage everyone to fly in a day early to San Juan during the winter months to give you a buffer in case of a winter storm.

Be sure you do get that piece of paper and agree on the price before hand. Even though SJ taxi's are very regulated they can still try to rip you off.

On arrival we had no problems. The guy at the stand wrote it up to the hotel, plus bags. But coming back from BVI for our last nigth before heading home, the guy at the stand was busy and waved us to the taxi driver. No piece of paper. Sure enough the taxi driver wanted to charge us $5 more than the regulated fare for that zone. He even had the nerve to try and agrue with us.

Don't do the cruise transfers in San Juan. You pay by the taxi and per bag. Just head to your left when you get out of baggage claim. Go to the taxi stand and they'll give you a piece of paper with the cost on it (exluding tip). You have the price right. $19 plus $1 bag, plus tip. If you do the transfers, then you have to wait for the bus to fill up and wait for them to dig all of the bags out. It's probably too late for you, but I encourage everyone to fly in a day early to San Juan during the winter months to give you a buffer in case of a winter storm.
Thanks for the response on the transfer. We've always done it "on our own" before, but first time to SJ (at least from airport to port) so not sure how the transportation is.

We usually fly out day before, but with such a late sail time (10PM) we thought we'd be able to get in, even if delayed by any storm as arrival for our flight is 3PM. We will be cruising on 2/28 departure, typically all the ugly winter weather is gone by then.

Archived