Latitudes

rosey1946

is not a rewardless cruise. I hae done 3 and got latitude steps on all. But they did not put us as SILVER on Jewel 12/6, as my CPP told me I would be when my feet hit the counter for my keycard. Well it read BRONZE & I asked & was told it will be when I exit. Latitudes tells me I was Silver WHEN i COMPLETED MY 4TH CRUISE ON JEWEL 10/08. I told them & send them a scan of my keycard stating BRONZE.

A TA tells me to do a 3 day followed by a 4 day on Sky to Bahamas when it is $200 PP for 3 & 300 for 4 and get 2 steps to GOLD on Epic in December which will be 8. FLA gets nice cheap short cruises. But what about the overnighter to nowhere from NYC on Gem. We do 2 of them & not booked as B2B, will it be 2 steps?

Now if you won a cruise in Bingo, or Hotel Director gives you a re-cruise on his ship, those do not count. Airline folks get discounts that do not count towards any rewards program.

I think any reasonable person would not expect a cruise, flight, hotel stay, etc to count until it is COMPLETED. And just about anything I have ever read follows that logic. Also, the NCL website uses the term "Completed Cruises".

Simple logic as I see it. If anyone wants to believe ANYTHING an NCL rep, or TA wants to say about this, well, shame on you.

As to the question about one day cruises. Many people have come here and been told they do not count. And, many have said even after being told they do not count, they still do.

Also, many have said regarding B2B, if booked as one cruise, it is one cruise. If booked as two cruises, then two credits.

Bottom line - are the benefits really worth that much until you hit Plat?

I have just been denied credit toward my latitudes gold level due to "a special rate" or discounted rate or a "reduced rate to the cruise fare"? Anyone ever hear of this or is this new to keep gold and platinum cruiser numbers down? I'd love to know if this has happened to anyone else.

Linda

This happened to us when my wife won a cruise. We paid for the upgrade, taxes, etc.(almost as much as the cruise) but still were denied the cruise counting toward our cruising 'level'....

Just got my answer from Latitudes-THEY ARE COUNTING MY SKY CRUISE, which is the one they denied. They said there was a mix-up and I believe them.

I honestly believe NCL is a wonderful cruise line because of things like this. I have never had a problem they didn't respond to.

I am also comparing NCL with HAL. If anyone wants to bother I have a review up of the Zuiderdam which we sailed April 2009. We sailed HAL as we had our granddaughter with us so we had calender problems. We will never sail HAL again.

Now I can go back to planning my excursions for the Baltic cruise-good sailing everyone.

Linda

I'm so glad to hear you were given credit for the cruise. Someone asked do they read these boards the answer is yes. When I was at a meet and greet I asked the officers who attended that very question and they told us please if you have a problem come to them first and let them try to correct it instead of putting it on cruise critic.

Archived