Latitudes

rosey1946

I have just been denied credit toward my latitudes gold level due to "a special rate" or discounted rate or a "reduced rate to the cruise fare"? Anyone ever hear of this or is this new to keep gold and platinum cruiser numbers down? I'd love to know if this has happened to anyone else.

Linda

I have just been denied credit toward my latitudes gold level due to "a special rate" or discounted rate or a "reduced rate to the cruise fare"? Anyone ever hear of this or is this new to keep gold and platinum cruiser numbers down? I'd love to know if this has happened to anyone else.

Linda

Hi Linda,

I haven't heard of anyone being denied yet....but they recently added the "terms and conditions" on their website...

To qualify as a Latitudes member, you must have taken at least one full tariff cruise with NCL since January 1, 1995. Cruises eligible to qualify you as a Latitudes member exclude all reduced fare cruises (e.g. employee rates, interline, friends /family rates, vendor rates, or cruises taken via cruise credit certificate).

Full information was found here..... http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=LatitudesPromo

Just to update-I just realized that they also took away the same cruise for me. So because I dared to ask, I am being penalized. I know it's a small matter but we have sailed 5 cruises with NCL this year alone. This puts a bad taste in my mouth about NCL and that is not great coming from a cruises who has only said good things about NCL including reviews and defending the infamous Hawaiian cruises. I am not happy. I have a Baltic cruise scheduled for June-maybe I should rethink it.

Linda

You have got to be kidding me...Many of us stayed loyal due to the compass rewards program and now that loyalty doesn't count towards the loyalty program...I think I am about done with NCL after this next cruise.

Linda

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1120044

see what I mean.

BTW its not the compass rewards program that they deny credit its for something like a free cruise. Compass rewards cruises counted towards your number unless they changed again...

Norwegian Dawn many times

Norwegian Gem 2 times

Norwegian Majesty 2 times

Norwegian Sea 1

Norwegian Crown 1

You have got to be kidding me...Many of us stayed loyal due to the compass rewards program and now that loyalty doesn't count towards the loyalty program...I think I am about done with NCL after this next cruise.

I agree. My upcoming cruise on the 24th will be my last with NCl. Cruise #9 and beyond will be with another line.

I have just been denied credit toward my latitudes gold level ...
Just to update-I just realized that they also took away the same cruise for me. ...
:confused:

Anyway, the key is whether you were on one of those special fares listed. It's very common for loyalty schemes (not just on cruise lines) to exclude credit for trips/stays taken on non-retail pricing.

Linda

to help us pass judgement (we are good at that here), tell us what kind of discount or deal you got that they say does not qualify.

By the way, on a related note, free flights on the airlines never qualify for miles in their programs.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1120044

see what I mean.

BTW its not the compass rewards program that they deny credit its for something like a free cruise. Compass rewards cruises counted towards your number unless they changed again...

Norwegian Dawn many times

Norwegian Gem 2 times

Norwegian Majesty 2 times

Norwegian Sea 1

Norwegian Crown 1

I hope so cause I paid more for my cabin even after applying my reward certificate then most people on my cruise paid for an inside cabin so it should count

This is a response I got today from the Latitude Desk and I would encourage anyone with thoughts to let NCL Latitudes Know:

As per the benefits of the latitude program there were some elements that were removed based on our research and on feedback received from member surveys, but we will use your email as an example since upper management is once more reevaluating the latitudes program.

If you look at the NCL site some benifits for latitudes have been removed. I asked the latitude Desk about this in yesterday's e-mail and they didn't respond to that question or the lack of service by the Latitude Desk on a rescent Pearl trip. Does anyone know if this is a mistake by the site or have benifits been reduced?

Oh, that is very disappointing... I think you have good ground to be aggravated on this topic. Unless the situation is like the free flights on frequent flyer miles, this is unfair. I am cruising this Fall on NCL and if I do not get credit for it because I used my Compass certificates, I'm going to be furious! If these programs are intended to reward repeat customers who continue coming and who refer friends to cruise with this cruiseline, they need to make those of us who do these things feel good about going and referring.

I'm sorry, Linda, I know it's no fun feeling betrayed by a company you've been so loyal to. I left Royal Caribbean and came to NCL over an issue I had with them a few years ago.

This is a response I got today from the Latitude Desk and I would encourage anyone with thoughts to let NCL Latitudes Know:

As per the benefits of the latitude program there were some elements that were removed based on our research and on feedback received from member surveys, but we will use your email as an example since upper management is once more reevaluating the latitudes program.

translation: screw you. you aren't who we want.

"Based on our research"+ how can we save a few cents

feed back?= the only feed back they got was people who were on longer cruises or paid for a suite should get extra credit.

I still show as gold.

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=Latitudes

levels are the same as the last change last year

If you look at the NCL site some benifits for latitudes have been removed. I asked the latitude Desk about this in yesterday's e-mail and they didn't respond to that question or the lack of service by the Latitude Desk on a rescent Pearl trip. Does anyone know if this is a mistake by the site or have benifits been reduced?

What benefits were removed? I just checked, and off the top of my head I don't see anything that appears to be a recent change.

This is a response I got today from the Latitude Desk...:

... some elements that were removed based on our research and ... upper management is once more reevaluating the latitudes program.

Here's why they keep "reevaluating" the [p]latitudes program: http://www.despair.com/service.html

Here's what they are accomplishing with all their "improvements": http://www.despair.com/disservice.html

InThe

What has been removed? I don't see anything removed.

This thread is like a "goat rodeo". I could use some more descriptive terms, but this is a family board.

The OP has yet to tell us what sort of fare that had that resulted in no credit. All of a sudden all kinds of yelling and screaming is going on, without any facts to back it up.

Geez....

This thread is like a "goat rodeo". I could use some more descriptive terms, but this is a family board.

The OP has yet to tell us what sort of fare that had that resulted in no credit. All of a sudden all kinds of yelling and screaming is going on, without any facts to back it up.

Geez....

Well dummy me was going by what the website says which implies that compass rewards "discount cruise certificates" would make my cruise null and void for latitudes counts.

Of course NCL's website isn't exactly known for being very clear on things so you may be right and It might not mean that at all

I have been a Platinum member for about 5 years and I have seen the benefits decreased & increased. In the past I had drink discounts at certian bars (no longer offered). I have noticed that may benefits have now been combined for gold and platinum. Ex: Early/priority boarding, restaurant reservations, tender tickets, ect. Sometimes I have been turned away due to high numbers of latitudes guests. I have also been told the restaurant times are being held for "possible" villa guests.

In the past I have had extra services on ships such as: special treats sent to cabin, being able to eat at Cagneys in the am & at lunch, invitation to dine with the captain & officers. Last week the Latitudes rep on the ship told me these things are no longer offered since there are "too many gold and platinum guests on board to provide service for them and the villa guests so as of Jan 2010 NCL's stand was not to offer this any longer.

I still had a certificate for dinner at Le Bistro which was terrific but I didn't have an invitation for free laundry service or a behind the scenes tour as listed in the members benefits.

I have been a Platinum member for about 5 years and I have seen the benefits decreased & increased. In the past I had drink discounts at certian bars (no longer offered). I have noticed that may benefits have now been combined for gold and platinum. Ex: Early/priority boarding, restaurant reservations, tender tickets, ect. Sometimes I have been turned away due to high numbers of latitudes guests. I have also been told the restaurant times are being held for "possible" villa guests.

In the past I have had extra services on ships such as: special treats sent to cabin, being able to eat at Cagneys in the am & at lunch, invitation to dine with the captain & officers. Last week the Latitudes rep on the ship told me these things are no longer offered since there are "too many gold and platinum guests on board to provide service for them and the villa guests so as of Jan 2010 NCL's stand was not to offer this any longer.

I still had a certificate for dinner at Le Bistro which was terrific but I didn't have an invitation for free laundry service or a behind the scenes tour as listed in the members benefits.

My next cruise will be my first time cruising a 5 day or more NCL since the perks of laundry and Behind the Scenes tour have been offered. I think you have to inquire about these items to take advantage of them. I get free laundry on Carnival and they have never told me about it. I always asked my cabin steward. I would think it's the same way on NCL.

Forgive me if I'm don't fully understand, but . . .

I've cruised with NCL three times. The last time, I bought a "future cruise credit" or whatever it's called, where you put down a deposit of $250 on a future cruise and get $100 OBC on the current cruise. That's not what's meant by Compass Cruise Discount Certificates, is it?

Just askin . . .

--Michael

Forgive me if I'm don't fully understand, but . . .

I've cruised with NCL three times. The last time, I bought a "future cruise credit" or whatever it's called, where you put down a deposit of $250 on a future cruise and get $100 OBC on the current cruise. That's not what's meant by Compass Cruise Discount Certificates, is it?

Just askin . . .

--Michael

No, not the same.

I'm a Diamond member at Hilton hotels.

If I book my Hilton hotel through Priceline.com however (or hotels.com or hotwire, etc.) where it's a super-discounted rate, it says right at the point of booking that it does not qualify for loyalty rewards or upgrades.

It's as if my loyalty history didn't exist. That's the trade-off. 1/2 price room, no benefits.

I suspect if we got the full story, we'd see the same thing here.

It doesn't say anything about compass rewards. It takes about future cruise credit certificates. In other words if you were given a future cruise credit due to some "issue", the cruise you use it on may not count toward your loyalty status.

Archived