Freedom of the Seas~ Balcony on Back?

LogiesMom

We have booked our cruise on the Freedom for May 2nd :D and we can't wait! I had a question about the room... We are on the 9th floor on the back of the boat with a balcony :)

Has anyone sailed on the back with a balcony room? Thoughts?

Hurray! I've found someone else sailing May 2! I just switched my reservation from Oasis (I know, sadness, however it made sense right now for us to save the money and even upgrade to a balcony from an Oasis inside room, and I know Freedom is fantastic, it'll be my 2nd time on her). My previous Freedom cruise was in a JS middle of the boat, so I have no idea about how good your room will be.

Is there a roll call for this sailing created yet? I'm new to CC but would love to meet others going on Freedom as well!

welcome to cruise critic.

You have 20 minutes from the time the posts shows up to make corrections. On the posts you will see an edit botton which you can go in and make changes then save the post. You will see that botton for only 20 minutes--then it disappears.

See, from your first post I thught you wanted information regarding the balconies that go across the back of the ship= these are awesome and so much bigger then whats offered on the side.

You have a balcony cabin- a delux oceanview is a cabin with a window.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/48328219CtbGLi

there is an album of aft shots of a voyager class ship- The freedom will be the same.

Please note the steel structure. As long as you are aware that its there it will not be shocking.

We hd deck 8 and it held 2 lounge chairs= 2 chairs and a small table. I hosted a CC meet and greet with about 15 people and still had room to roam

Then maybe it is me that is confused :confused: When I booked the reservation with RC the gentleman that made my reservation told me that my room was on the back of the boat with a balcony. I may call and just double check on what room it is that I booked.

We have saved for almost a year for this cruise so I want the best room that I can get for what I can afford ;)

Then maybe it is me that is confused :confused: When I booked the reservation with RC the gentleman that made my reservation told me that my room was on the back of the boat with a balcony. I may call and just double check on what room it is that I booked.

We have saved for almost a year for this cruise so I want the best room that I can get for what I can afford ;)

you do have a cabin on the back of the ship- but you called it a deluxe oceanview cabin-which is a cabin with a window.

You have a balcony cabin.

Then I am really confused then...I just copy and pasted it from my reservation :) It says Dlx Oceanview Room. Oh Well... I really appreciate your help :)

well that will explain it- what do they referr to the cabins with windows only?

doesnt matter really what they call it. You have an awesome balcony.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I sailed last april on the freedom. We had a balcony on the tail ...the walk to and from the elevators proved to be overwhelming after a few days. We had problems with our door key and there are no phones nearby. We had to walk to the elevators to find a phone. After a long night, with the key problem the walk was not good. Also the back of the ship is staggered so the upper rooms look down on the lower ones.:(

• 3 months later...
Stayed in RFS #9708 it is awesome back there..too long of a walk for some of you ...but worth it to many of us..Enjoy your cruise !!!!

Ashland,

We have this exact room booked for August--Can you offer any other insight on the view or the obtructed view? Can you look below and see other balconies? We are debating between this RFS or an adjoining GS and Deluxe balcony room on the side of the ship. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Archived