Are You in the "Ideal Demographic"

BGSS

Age -- yes.

Income -- yes.

However, Azamara didn't seem to anticipate that we could possibly have children (ages 12 & 14)! :eek:

Exactly the point I want to make to Azamara..

You fit the demographic, but have kids and they cost a lot of money

We don't fit the demographic, however we don't have kids

which probably gives us a lot more freedom with our money and time

AZ might be embracing you,

but which one of us is going travel more, travel longer, consistently travel between Sept and June,

and not have to worry whether our kids will be happy on Azamara!

I don't know about the rest of you, but on my Azamara Quest Med cruise in '08, the majority of the pax were in the age range;; although I sincerely doubt most of them fit the income range!

Unfortunately, I didn't fit into either - too old :eek: and too poor :( - but certainly could afford the trip as well as pre- and post-cruise stays in Rome for a total of 25 days for the entire vacation.

Where2Next hit the nail on the head - we have more disposable income than the younger group who most likely have children, large mortgages and college bills.

Gee, I wonder if AzCC is going to cancel our reservation in March on the Journey when they look at our ages:mad:, but if so, I sorta smell a lawsuit and then I would definitely be in the income demographic anyway:D!

Well, we don't qualify. We don't earn enough!!! We cruise a lot ... about 4 times a year ... and can't possibly qualify for the Azamara demographics. Nonetheless, we have been on Azamara twice and LOVED it. We are 'afficionados' of the current Azamara and don't like what Pimentel has in store for it AT ALL. Please just leave it alone. Raise the prices a little if you have to. Change a few details, but don't do what you have planned. It's a SHAMBLES!!!

OK, that's it for the moment. We love the staff and we love the service and we love the food and we love the ambience. Pimentel wants it all to change ... well, it will be without us.

Sorry.

John

First time on Azamara, but we are who they are looking for. With a substantial background in Sales & Marketing, it is not too smart to openly state this; sell to whomever can afford your fare and stop any snob appeal, your target can afford better than Azamara!

First time on Azamara, but we are who they are looking for. With a substantial background in Sales & Marketing, it is not too smart to openly state this; sell to whomever can afford your fare and stop any snob appeal, your target can afford better than Azamara!

That's what I don't get. If you are going to price 2 week cruises at 5K and target those with family incomes of at least 300,000K per year (so no retirees?), why would these pax not look at other lines like SilverSea? I could have drank Champagne and Scotch all day on my SilverSeas cruise, although I didn't. Why Azamara with one red and wine option for dinner. We are usually off the ship at lunch time so that is not a deciding factor.

Hi Everyone !

I have a strong feeling, that if Azamara could take the demographic comments back, they would. I am not trying to defend them, but I continue to wonder if those comments may have been taken out of context. Just a thought. Had I been asked who my target demographic was, I would have said : "Who cares about Demographics. We welcome every passenger with open arms, and you'll love where we take you". End of story.

I have 30 years sales experience, and I would NEVER make comments about incomes and ages etc. I am fortunate to be very successful. One of the things I pride myself on, is that I welcome each and every client. Nobody is too rich or too poor for me. If you take the very best care of your customers, it's the best way to build loyalty. When the day comes, that I cant give my clients 100%, I will retire.... as nothing less than 100% is acceptable for me.

My thoughts on demographics ? It's a bunch of near worthless statistics. You want positive results ? Talk with your customers.... past, current, and future. Learn from them ! I don't care for any of the snobbery either. It is my sincere hope, that Azamara does not actively go down the "demographics" path. If they do, I feel it will not lead to good things over the long term.

Thanks for letting me share my thoughts, on the demographics concerns.

Totally agree with you Host Andy...

I live in SFO Bay Area and have a heavy background in Sales and Marketing.

One of the 1st things I learned is never, ever turn down business..

just because of how a person dresses or if it appears they don't work...

Our local history was used as education purposes

and to drive home my 1st boss' point when I was just 16.

Scenario 1

A rancher walks into a travel agency and smells like manure

after a day in the fields tending to his Garlic Ranch.

Will you turn down his business, since it appears by the way he dresses

and SMELLS he couldn't afford anything more than a ticket to LAX

Anyone hear of Christopher Ranch Garlic? $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Scenario 2

A shopkeeper in Palo Alto looked down on those 2 young bums down the street...

all they did is spend hours in that garage...

the shopkeeper thought..... haven't they heard of getting a real job????

Obviously, they can't afford anything I would be selling since they don't work. Why should I even talk to them?

I'm sure the legacy of Mr Hewlett and Mr. Packard can answer that.

I'm pretty sure we are going to fall in love with AZ, I hope

AZ will welcome us with open arms.

I like Azamara...at least I did on my last cruise. I am over 60 and under $300k. Who are they expecting? On longer cruises, there are usually older people...they have more time. I just got back from St. Martin where the beach excursion went to the same beach club (Waikiki on Orient Beach) that I enjoy. The Journey cruisers arrived with their Azamara dark blue totes....these folks were old. Not one looked like they were under 60.

Archived