HELP, please - Boston Logan airport to pier transportation information

sable1

Greetings fellow cc cruisers,

I have received so much helpful information in the past and now I'm hoping you can help me out again.

We are sailing on the Maasdam on July 16 from Boston and I would like information of public transportation options. I have not bought air tickets yet, so don't know which terminal we will arrive in.

First option, the subway. I checked the MBTA.com site and wasn't sure if the subway would take us to the pier. Maybe there is a bus we could transfer to? If anyone has details of using the MBTA system, please let me know all the information.

Second choice, is there a shuttle service like Super Shuttle. Again details about prices and how to contact.

Is there a water taxi for this itinerary?

Lastly, has anyone used a taxi recently for this trip? How much was the total price?

I appreciate all information you can provide. We were in Boston 10 years ago and think it is a very special city and look forward to our visit.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Joanne, the Chocoholic

It probably costs about $15-$20 to go to the pier from the airport by taxi. It might even be much less because there is a tunnel that goes directly to the airport from the seaport district.

I don't know about public transportation. You could contact the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority to find out if there is a bus from the airport to the seaport. That would be your best option. You would be going backward if you took the bus to the subway at the airport and then a bus from the subway to the seaport.

Perhaps others who were on last year's sailings of the Maasdam will have more information.

Roberta

Welcome to our cruise, Joanne. There are several of us CC'ers booked for this cruise. Are you going round-trip? or just one way?

(Oh, and btw, you may be "a" chocoholic, but I'm "the" chocoholic.) :D

Coming from Logan you'll be best off either taking the HAL transfer or a taxi. You'll be schlepping a lot of luggage, so even if there were a T-stop nearby (and I don't believe there is) you wouldn't want to take it.

Logan isn't so far away from the Black Falcon terminal that a taxi is outlandish.

Greetings,

Thanks, Dan, just went to the Roll Call to post.

And Ruth C. I'm hoping you can give me help with the various ports I posted on Roll Call. And I bet I'm a bigger chocoholic than you. Just wait and see. My motto: A Day without Chocolate is Like A Day without Sunshine. Got Chocolate?

Joanne, the chocoholic & John

Hi Joanne,

I work in the vicinity of Black Falcon terminal, and I recommend a taxi as the best transportation option. There is a subway stop at Logan airport, but it involves taking a shuttle bus (free) to the subway, and then you would have to change train lines twice to get to the area, and even then it would be a long walk to the terminal.

A taxi from Logan to my office runs about $15 per taxi (as another poster mentioned), so it should be about the same to the cruise terminal, perhaps lower on a weekend when traffic is much less.

I'll be happy to answer any questions about the city.

Hello, Joanne!

I have worked in and around Boston for years, and I agree with the above posts. The MBTA system in Boston is terrific, but the nearest stops to the Black Falcon terminal are quite a walk. And the above posters are correct, you would have to take a free shuttle to the subway stop at the airport, and then change twice before taking that walk. Not what you want to be doing with a lot of luggage! Plus, we are prone to late season snow, which would make walking and toting bags a REAL adventure! :eek:

Cabs in Boston are reliable. There are almost always huge lines of cabs outside of every terminal at Logan, and if you don't spot one right away, one will be there in a few minutes. It should run you about $15 or $20 for the trip. If that is beyond your budget, I would suggest you take the cruise shuttle rather than transferring trains so many times.

Have a wonderful trip!

Emmie

Archived