Century suite ... penthouse or sports deck?

fernem

Sky Deck. The balconies are larger.

The Sky Suites are Penthouse Deck were originally Cat 1 suites.. and their balconies pale in comparison.

From what I read, all the balconies are now the same size since the refurbishment. Some of the pictures I've seen would confirm this.

From what I read, all the balconies are now the same size since the refurbishment. Some of the pictures I've seen would confirm this.

I was going to say the same thing. We weren't in a SS but an RS and the Penthouse deck and the balcony was at least twice as large as advertised. We've been on Mercury in a RS and the Century balcony was definitely 2x. You could actually see where the original balcony ended and the new one started (there were posts going up to the ceiling and deck had a cover over the seam).

I've got pics of the RS but unfortunately none for the SS.

Have stayed on both decks and would not stay on PH deck again. Way too noisy! Pool is above-- lots of noise, morning,noon and night. (I got no sleep.) The sky suites on sports deck did not have this problem. I would stay there again in a heartbeat. And sky suites are nice-- I stayed in one that had been renovated (instead of created when they refurbished.) Loved it and loved the butler. I wouldhighly recommend.Love the Century!

Have stayed on both decks and would not stay on PH deck again. Way too noisy! Pool is above-- lots of noise, morning,noon and night. (I got no sleep.) The sky suites on sports deck did not have this problem. I would stay there again in a heartbeat. And sky suites are nice-- I stayed in one that had been renovated (instead of created when they refurbished.) Loved it and loved the butler. I wouldhighly recommend.Love the Century!

What cabin would you recommend, please? I am booking tomorrow. I am trying to imagine, going from Miami to Barcelona, which side of the ship would be nicer. I think there may be more sun port side? But I am not sure.

Advice gratefully accepted. :)

fern

What cabin would you recommend, please? I am booking tomorrow. I am trying to imagine, going from Miami to Barcelona, which side of the ship would be nicer. I think there may be more sun port side? But I am not sure.

Advice gratefully accepted. :)

fern

I can help on the side of the ship - we did the Barcelona to Miami on Century Nov/Dec.

The sun is going to be to your south (at least crossing the Atlantic). Since you are going to be going east the starboard (right) side has the southerly exposure. It was the opposite for us because we were westbound.

Hard to say what your weather is going to be like. We had glass seas and very sunny - sometimes very hot. That was late fall so not sure how it would be early spring.

As for the Penthouse deck. I would say there was a lot of noise in the am from moving chairs around but we couldn't here it too much inside. Also, it happened when we should have been getting out of bed anyways :D. It was never a problem during the evenings. I think for TA's there is a lot less pool activity mostly because the cruise attracts an older group. At least on hours, there were rarely bands in the evening - everything pretty much shut down at 8pm.

Have fun on your TA. Hope you plan on spending an extra day or two in Barcelona. Its become our favorite city in Europe.

Thank you, George and MaryBeth. I appreciate understanding the sun business. We looked it up through Google after you explained it and saw the sun in the southern sky as it arks through the year.

Thanks again for your help in explaining it. We will book on starboard side on the top Sports deck.

fern

Archived