Dream cruisers who have sailed eastern with Oasis

scperk

I'm sailing on the Dream on Feb. 27th and I would like to know how the ports are handleing the crowds..I know the Oasis docks at the submarine pier in St. Thomas but are they docking at the new pier in St. Maarten..I'll bet there will be a terrible scramble for cabs early and late in the day..At least we leave St. Thomas 2 hours after the other ships (6) leave and an hour after the Oasis in St. Maarten....I'm really dreading the crowds in downtown at both stops.......:).....Dennis

Just returned from eastern 1-2-2010. We did Parasailing and didn't bother going downtown to St. Thomas so I can't help you but I can tell you that I think that St. Maarten handled the chips very well. There were several ships there the day we were there. Didn't have any problems at all. I thought that might be a problem ahead of time too but it was fine.

i was on the dream eastern jan 2-9 and can give you some insight. st thomas there was a total of 5 ships in port including the oasis. it wasn't too bad in havensight were the dream was docked b/c there were only 3 ships total there, us the freedom and an ncl. the oasis was docked in crown bay along with a costa. shopping in town was mobbed and so was the beach we went too. we went to emerald beach which is right around the corner of crown bay so it was to be expected. we also arrived a little later due to shopping and the crowds started leaving.

st maarten on the other hand was ridiculous! there were 6 ships in port including the oasis. the dream for both ports arrived i think an hour after the oasis did. we had to wait about 45 minutes at 9:30am for a cab to orient bay. the lines were shorter for some of the other beaches but we love orient bay so we stuck it out. the beach was crowded but we were able to snag chairs and such. its unfortunate that both stops you are there with the oasis but try to get off the dream asap.

Archived