Triumph Tidbits?

teacher2cruiser

Last cruise I went out there several times and never saw a soul. Of course the wind was blowing 50 knots and there was a sign that had accidently dropped to the deck that said the door was closed for high winds. The secret is now out for everyone to know.:D

I am sure the winds must have blown than sign down.

JimmyJames

You're right...I don't think it's actually a secret, but it's not labelled, so people don't really know they can go out there. It was a few doors up from us last week and my cousin and I went out there and laid on some deck chairs for a while on our first sea day and fell asleep. It was great! a few people came out there walking around, some opening that door and looking like they were sneaking somewhere they weren't supposed to be. It was kinda funny. Great quiet spot if you don't have a balcony.

We were on the Triumph last week and my DH and I walked out on the observation deck (Lido forward) and two ladies were sunning themselves in chaise lounges. We commented on what a good spot they had found. I'm wondering if that were you and your cousin. However, we weren't sneaking around as that is one of our favorite places to go and watch the sea. Hope you had a good cruise.

Joan

We were on the Triumph Thanksgiving week it was the Eastern Route. As far as tidbits I don't have any BUT what I do have is pictures, A lot of the ship inside and out.

Click on the picture below and it will take you my pictures on web shots.

Have a great cruise.

2935132870104734279S600x600Q85.jpg

JimmyJames

Enjoyed your pictures!

This will be our first balcony without a refrigerator, if what I hear is true about Triumph not having them. Any idea?

No, the Triumph does not have fridges in balconies. We returned from the Triumph last Sat. and we had a Lido Deck balcony with no refrigerator. However, someone on our roll call who had a balcony, needed a fridge for his wife's medications and was told he could ask for one and get one. I don't know if he got one or not but I'm sure if you needed on for medications you could get one.

There are indeed "secret doors" on the Triumph. One is on the Panorama Deck (deck 10) and I believe there's another on the Lido Deck (deck 9). They're all the way forward at the ends of the halls on both decks.

We just got off the Triumph yesterday, I have a lot of notes

for a "review", if you can call it that. It will be more of an "our experience"

on the Triumph. I am not one of the great writers, but it will be a fair and balanced.

I will tell the good and bad and ugly. I am trying to figure out how to upload pics

and not just the thumbnails. I took close to 700 pics.

I will go ahead and say, that yes there are secret doors, but they were

usually closed due to high winds..I don't know why, they weren't that high.:confused:

We went out the one on the Verandah only once, but most of the cruise

any outside deck above Lido was closed off. :mad:

We've been on 2 Triumph cruises out of NO and getting ready to go on our first 7 day from NO>

The ship is pretty. A lot of marble.

The big screen is really nice. You will have multi levels of lounge chairs all around on the LIDO deck. You can really see the screen even in the daylight hours. We were

lucky enough to see a Saints game on the big screen. It was fun.

The back hot tub is for adults and is strictly enforced. They wouldn't even let children in it with their parents.

At the farewell party if you tip your waiter a few dollars they will keep the drinks flowing.

On the last night on your way back to New Orleans, go to the Verandah deck, all the way to the front and through the doors, this will lead you to the front deck. Around 9 P>M> you may be at the mouth of the river. We love to watch the different buoys and light signals to lead the ship into the mouth of the river. Also if you are lucky you may see the river pilot get on the ship. We've been lucky a few times to see this. The crew boat pulls up to the side of the ship and the river pilot just jumps on the ship. The ship never slows down.

If anyone has a specific question, just ask.

We just got off the Triumph yesterday, I have a lot of notes

for a "review", if you can call it that. It will be more of an "our experience"

on the Triumph. I am not one of the great writers, but it will be a fair and balanced.

I will tell the good and bad and ugly. I am trying to figure out how to upload pics

and not just the thumbnails. I took close to 700 pics.

I will go ahead and say, that yes there are secret doors, but they were

usually closed due to high winds..I don't know why, they weren't that high.:confused:

We went out the one on the Verandah only once, but most of the cruise

any outside deck above Lido was closed off. :mad:

oopsie, I meant Lido

We were on the Triumph last week and my DH and I walked out on the observation deck (Lido forward) and two ladies were sunning themselves in chaise lounges. We commented on what a good spot they had found. I'm wondering if that were you and your cousin. However, we weren't sneaking around as that is one of our favorite places to go and watch the sea. Hope you had a good cruise.

Joan

Don't I recognize your name from the rollcall? I was on it, just not able to go to the Meet n Greet! We did have a nice cruise! Can't wait til the next one!

On the last night on your way back to New Orleans, go to the Verandah deck, all the way to the front and through the doors, this will lead you to the front deck. Around 9 P>M> you may be at the mouth of the river. We love to watch the different buoys and light signals to lead the ship into the mouth of the river. Also if you are lucky you may see the river pilot get on the ship. We've been lucky a few times to see this. The crew boat pulls up to the side of the ship and the river pilot just jumps on the ship. The ship never slows down.

We did see the pilot boat and the guy jump on board. It does always seem a little hairy....I wouldn't want to make that transfer! :eek:

Archived