RC Visa - Cashing in Points

Some friends cashed in points to reduce the price of their cruise but their T/A removed some of their extras. T/A said their commision was based on cruise price and that was why they did that. Makes sense to me. T/A suggested that if we wanted to redeem points, do so for on-board-credits. Then no impact on T/A extras. If you're not using a T/A then RCCL would be your best source of info. Bon Voyage!

I was curious if would be better to save for on-boards credits. I just talk to RC and we would still have to pay for the additional to get up up to a balacany room. So after I cash my points in it almost seems like I would be loosing money.

The 75,000 points is good for a free companion fare in the" minimum available oceanview stateroom". If you use the points for an OBC, the value is $750. So, if the cost of the minimum oceanview is less than $750, your better value is to use the points for an OBC. If the cost of the room is more than $750, the better value is to use them for the free companion fare.

You will never lose money. The minimum you will get for the points is $750. Paying for the upgrade to a balcony is inconsequential. You will have to pay that extra money regardless of where you use your points. The only deciding factor should be the cost of the minimum oceanview cabin.

Archived