Who do you reccommend for Cruise Health insurance?

dixie54

We have used Access America on our last 2 cruises and had to make claims both times. The first time we missed the ship due to bad weather and had to meet the ship at the first port of call. The insurance covered our extra travel expenses. The second time we used the insurance it covered what our normal medical insurance didn't pay after a visit to the ship's medical facility.

We won't cruise again without insurance, and have had good luck with Access America.

Tim

What does it cover? And how much does it cost for a couple? if you can't post it here you can email me mhodgson@shawus dot com Thanks

The cost of most insurance varies depending on the coverage, your age and the amount you are spending on the trip. Most of the policies on sites such as insuremytrip.com are quite age sensitive. The older you are the more they cost.

The coverage offered by RCCL is based solely on the cost of the trip and is usually the best value for senor travelers.

We always use Cruise Care through RC.

So far we have had to use it twice, each time it was effortless to file the claim. Both times we received every penny in cost of the claim and were very satisfied.

Costs depends on age, length of the cruise.

To us; the few dollars spent on insurance is worth every penny.

The coverage offered by RCCL is based solely on the cost of the trip and is usually the best value for senor travelers.

We always use Cruise Care through RC.

So far we have had to use it twice, each time it was effortless to file the claim. Both times we received every penny in cost of the claim and were very satisfied.

This is good to know. We have always purchased insurance from our T/A after we transfer the booking. We opted for RCI insurance for our next couple trips.

What does it cover? And how much does it cost for a couple? if you can't post it here you can email me mhodgson@shawus dot com Thanks

In order to get royal caribbean's insurance "cruise care" you have to request it before final payment. I think your best bet is going on insuremytrip . com and looking for some coverage. Good Luck

We've purchased insurance from the cruise line as well as Access America, TruTravel and one other company whose name I can't remember. We've never had a claim but would not sail without emergency evacuation protection. Cancellation costs I can live with and our health insurance does cover emergencies when traveling, but emergency evacuation will cost a chunk of change. I always research options with at insuremytrip.com I've chosen the cruise line insurance with Princess because of the cancel for any reason option. I've found TruTravel's basic plan to be the best value for us. But everyone needs to look at coverage with their circumstances in mind.

Can you tell me who you went with and Why? Thanks

I'm sorry but I no longer have the paperwork from that cruise. I toss once I come home. And knock on wood - didn't need the insurance.

What I do is look at what I actually need so I am not over insuring. I never rent a car in ports so I don't need that coverage. Read thru the policies to see what you will actually need and that will save you some bucks in the long run. Good luck and happy cruising!

Archived