airport connections

#1Ranger

Just wondering if anyone has had to travel from Canada via two planes to Florida, and have had only 1 hr and 20 min between flights at Toronto airport. With today's security arrangements is this going to be enough time?

Has anyone missed their connection and what happens then? I do have insurance, so I won't lose money, but I was hoping to get a few hours sleep before boarding the ship.

Just wondering if anyone has had to travel from Canada via two planes to Florida, and have had only 1 hr and 20 min between flights at Toronto airport. With today's security arrangements is this going to be enough time?

Has anyone missed their connection and what happens then? I do have insurance, so I won't lose money, but I was hoping to get a few hours sleep before boarding the ship.

I live in Thunder Bay and flown from here to Minni to Ft L & Tampa & Miami and have faced horror stories there and back a few times. Last year was our worst and we flew out 2 days ahead and still only made that ship by 1 1/2 hours. Due to mechanical problems here, drove to Duluth, flew to Minni missed connection because of weather and Carnival hung us out to dry saying it was airlines fault, airline said Carnival booked us it was their problem and so on and so on - thank God for insurance and someone took responsibility. I would not consider it unless you had atleast 3 hours between if you have to go through security again or if your plane has any possibility of taking off late.

You have enough time barring any unforeseen delays. You will clear US customs in Toronto before boarding your flight to Florida. I have never actually flown through YYZ before but I work for an airline in Nashville TN that handles the Air Canada Jazz flights from YYZ.

We had some massive delays/cancellations when these new security policies were first imposed but now that they don't allow carry-on bags on flights coming in from Canada the delays have all but gone away (at least security related delays).

My only suggestion would be to not dilly-dally when making your connection and you should be fine.

If you don't have to change terminals it will still be tight but should be doable. You have to claim any checked luggage and clear US customs & immigration then airport security. Air Canada's recommendation is 1hr10min for Air Canada/Air Canada connections, see http://www.aircanada.com/en/travelinfo/airport/connectiontimes.html.

Archived