Funny Newlywed Game answer

patrice1

On our recent Miracle cruise, I went to the theater for bingo in time to see the Not-So-Newlywed game's finish. The last question was, "If you had a parrot that slept in your bedroom, what would it say?"

Well, we have an African Grey that aleeps on her stand in our room. I wanted to jump up and tell everyone what she says -

She makes the fart sound & laughs my laugh!:eek::rolleyes:

When I got back to the cabin, I asked DH what he would have answered and, after a little thought, he said the same thing! Too funny!

DH and I always joke that our parrot would say "Who has the Moodiest booty?

It's not naughty though. We have a dog named Lily but we started calling her Moody because she's very Moody. Then it evolved to Moody Booty because it rhymes so when we play with her we'll say "Who has the moodiest booty?" because it makes her excited :D

On our recent Miracle cruise, I went to the theater for bingo in time to see the Not-So-Newlywed game's finish. The last question was, "If you had a parrot that slept in your bedroom, what would it say?"

Well, we have an African Grey that aleeps on her stand in our room. I wanted to jump up and tell everyone what she says -

She makes the fart sound & laughs my laugh!:eek::rolleyes:

When I got back to the cabin, I asked DH what he would have answered and, after a little thought, he said the same thing! Too funny!

Too bad you didn't get picked !

DH and I always joke that our parrot would say "Who has the Moodiest booty?

It's not naughty though. We have a dog named Lily but we started calling her Moody because she's very Moody. Then it evolved to Moody Booty because it rhymes so when we play with her we'll say "Who has the moodiest booty?" because it makes her excited :D

Rednose- you shouldn't have explained- I could just hear the posts now wondering what exactly makes a booty moody...LMAO!!!!:)

A long time ago...I lived in Ohio and worked in a pet store where we had some Greys.

I had a good customer who owned one, and she told me that hers got up every monring and looked out the curtains and said..."Good morning, its raining" or "Its sun shiney."

She and her husband had a condo in Florida, so they went south every winter, so the Grey had never seen winter before...until...

Her husband died, and she decided not to go to Florida. OF course, in Ohio it snows....and she said she woke up and saw the bird looking out the window just shaking his head....and saying .."Its not rain...its not sun shine.....it's not rain....it's not sunshine...." then it looked at her and said..."What's the white crap?"

Friends of ours have a bird that is very noisy. The husband has yelled at it so much that now its favorite thing to say is "Shut up Bird"

That's sad. Poor Bird. let me guess...he taught it to swear, too?

I'm mom to 4 parrots.....so I get kind of sensitive when I hear things like that. I look forward to hearing 'good morning' & 'I love you' every day from mine.

The funniest one I heard was on our first cruise we were watching the Newly & Not-So-Newlywed game, and when the got to the couple who had been married for the moderate time period they asked "What is your favorite condiment?" The man's answer? "Trojan Ribbed". :D Needless to say the theater was rolling on the floor laughing ...

Her husband died, and she decided not to go to Florida. OF course, in Ohio it snows....and she said she woke up and saw the bird looking out the window just shaking his head....and saying .."Its not rain...its not sun shine.....it's not rain....it's not sunshine...." then it looked at her and said..."What's the white crap?"

I love animals reaction to snow! We are Floridians and last Feb we took our pups to Chicago. There was snow (alot) on the ground. So, I put my pups in sweaters and booties (Chihuahua- little hair, made for warm weather). As soon is I took my little girl out of my jacket and set her down, she looked at the snow and looked back up at me like "Have you lost you mind, Mom?" Then, she turned and walked right back inside. She's a very particular pup. She won't go potty outside if it's raining either :D

The funniest one I heard was on our first cruise we were watching the Newly & Not-So-Newlywed game, and when the got to the couple who had been married for the moderate time period they asked "What is your favorite condiment?" The man's answer? "Trojan Ribbed". :D Needless to say the theater was rolling on the floor laughing ...

Too funny! :D Thanks for the laugh!

Certainly a staged/scripted response. That is why they ask the contestants to write down their responses. The cruise director will look at them, and if they feel like the response isn't "funny" enough, will add their own.

Recent example. On Inspiration, the common question to the older couple's wife about who the husband would like to be stranded with on a deserted island. A Missionary or a Prostitute.

Cruise director looks at the answer, shakes his head and says "A prostitute in the missionary position". You could tell from the husband's reaction that this is not what he wrote.

I heard this same response on Valor also. ;)

On each Carnival cruise I have been on, they have asked 90% of the same questions. Wish they would mix it up and maybe have the audience submit some questions. We enjoy this, but it feels more like a scripted play than improv.

One answer I heard about the parrot question is "That is a hard one".

We got chosen on our first sailing on the Holiday in 2005. A question was asked "How would you best describe your wife's backside?". The newlywed guy from Alabama says, TARGET. My reply was " a mural waiting to be painted". Some joker in the audience yells "suckup".

Dave

I love animals reaction to snow! We are Floridians and last Feb we took our pups to Chicago. There was snow (alot) on the ground. So, I put my pups in sweaters and booties (Chihuahua- little hair, made for warm weather). As soon is I took my little girl out of my jacket and set her down, she looked at the snow and looked back up at me like "Have you lost you mind, Mom?" Then, she turned and walked right back inside. She's a very particular pup. She won't go potty outside if it's raining either :D

Exactly the response from my Shih Tzu...she won't go out potty any time. We got her in the winter and she was only 2 lbs. so we tray trained her. We are the people at the rest stops with the tray on the ground trying to talk her into going while everyone else walks their normal dogs.:rolleyes:

A good friend of mine has a Grey named "Chicken". Chicken is VERY intelligent, and carries on conversations all the time. They recently took Chicken on vacation with them to the mountains, and when they entered the chalet they'd rented, they asked Chicken what he thought of the vacation. Chicken answered, "Well, it's O.K. so far". Truly an amazing bird.

"SKY"

Certainly a staged/scripted response. That is why they ask the contestants to write down their responses. The cruise director will look at them, and if they feel like the response isn't "funny" enough, will add their own.

Recent example. On Inspiration, the common question to the older couple's wife about who the husband would like to be stranded with on a deserted island. A Missionary or a Prostitute.

Cruise director looks at the answer, shakes his head and says "A prostitute in the missionary position". You could tell from the husband's reaction that this is not what he wrote.

I heard this same response on Valor also. ;)

And on the Conquest and Twice on the Fantasy. Also heard the bird one but it wasn't the final question. I think, since some of the "players" are pre-selected, particularly the longest married couple, the CD speaks to them before the game even starts and arranges the responses.

That's sad. Poor Bird. let me guess...he taught it to swear, too?

I'm mom to 4 parrots.....so I get kind of sensitive when I hear things like that. I look forward to hearing 'good morning' & 'I love you' every day from mine.

No swearing, just tells the bird to shut up when he is talking on the phone or some other activity. The bird now will start making alot of noise then say "shut up bird" and then be quite for awhile.

From the guys' reaction and his wife's, and the whole three way conversation with the CD, if it was a plant then the entire couple were a plant. I think it was serious actually.

OT but more about birds.

I went to a hairdresser for the first time and was seated in an out of the way booth.

All the time the stylist was working on me I heard this awful cough and someone repeatedly saying "OMG, my chest is killing me" followed by a big wet cough. I said "someone sounds ill" but she said 'Oh, that's George the Mynah bird, haven't you met him yet? I said no, so when she finished she took me around to his station and he talked up a storm So funny.

Fast forward.... it was several weeks later when I went back, partly to see George, but when I arrived he was nowhere around- I asked the stylist, 'Is George OK, where is he?' - "Oh, says she, we had to stop bringing him here on account of what he said to a customer" Of course I was curious- She said "When you open the front door the bell rings to alert us in case we're in the out of the way booth"- it got to the point that when the bell rang, George, who could not be seen by the customer would say "OMG I don't believe it- look who just came in- ah, s***. :D

Not about the parrot answer, but on a cruise from NY, the question was "If you got 100 sea miles for every time you've had whoopie on the ship, how far would you have gotten from the NYC pier?"

So the couple that was together for about 60 years, the wife says "Around the world and back." The husband said "To the Verrazano bridge".

For those who don't know, the Verrazano is a bridge in NY that you pass under about half an hour after sail away. Don't know how many sea miles it is, but it's close. That couple was hilarious, had the entire audience on the floor laughing.

Archived