Aplmac/Bajan Keith-question about your island! :)

a3593

Hi there! First, I am jealous that you live where you do! ;) Anyhow, I was wondering about taking a bus from the cruise terminal to Paynes Bay. Would you reccomend this to us, as we have with limited time? I ask because the price just cannot be beat! :eek: And, what about Paynes Bay? would you reccomend this area? We are a (fairly) large group, 7 adults 4 elementary aged kids. I hear that the turtles are near Paynes Bay? Is there another spot you'd recommend? Thanks in advance!

I was wondering about taking a bus from the cruise terminal to Paynes Bay. ===> From the bus terminal, nearby.

Would you reccomend this to us, as we have with limited time?

And, what about Paynes Bay? would you recommend this area? ===> Only if turtles are the big priority.

I hear that the turtles are near Paynes Bay? ===> Yes.

Is there another spot you'd recommend?

My beach of choice (if you read these threads at all) is Rockley Beach on the South Coast

but if it's Turtles you want, then Paynes Bay (and its pushy vendors?) is where you want to go.

Princess Alice Bus Terminal is about half-mile from the Barbados cruise terminal

on your left as you walk with other cruisers in the direction of the Bridgetown shopping area.

Ask around for a West Coast bus to Holetown and beyond, it'll pass right by Paynes Bay.

Ask the driver to let you off at the public access just North of the SANDS Hotel.

Ah!! Thank you both. Aplmac, it was a hard decision, with looking at all your beautiful pictures of all the many beaches. :) I could care less about the turtles, but the kiddos with us want to see them, so oh well...But does the bus take forever? Should we just get a cab for the sake of time?

Ah!! Thank you both. Aplmac, it was a hard decision, with looking at all your beautiful pictures of all the many beaches. :) I could care less about the turtles, but the kiddos with us want to see them, so oh well...But does the bus take forever? Should we just get a cab for the sake of time?

I think it would probably be better to take a cab...alot faster and dependable as paynes bay is quite a ways from the ship.

The chances of finding turtles in the Rockley area are very slim to zero.:(
But there is decent snorkelling to be had

on the man-made barrier reef about 150 yds. offshore, if you're up to that swim.

Bring your flippers,too -not just mask and snorkel.

Hi Aplmac,

I was wondering if there are any grocery/market stores where I could purchase six pack of soda/pop near the pier in Barbados?

There are a couple of mom & pop type stores that you could probably by a six pack of soda from. There is also a supermarket in the heart of Bridgetown called Trimart..you can get the soda there as well.

Depending on where you buy it the soda should cost anywhere between $8 - $12bds = $4-6 US. It is a tad expensive but thats how it is in the islands sometimes.

Archived