Fll beachfront

LadeeBug100

The W, The Hilton Ft. Lauderdale Beach Hotel, The Atlantic. These are all very nice hotels but also pretty expensive. The only shopping on Ft. Lauderdale Beach really is souvenir shops. The closest quality stores to the above hotels would be at the Galleria Mall on Sunrise Blvd (just over the Sunrise bridge; less than a mile from the beach). It is a top notch mall with Macy's, Neiman Marcus, and all the stores you'd expect to find at a nice mall. Another hotel option might be the Doubletree (not sure if it's still called that). It's at the foot of the Sunrise bridge across the street from the Neiman Marcus at the Galleria Mall. Great dining choices at the mall as well: PF Chang's, Season's 52, Capital Grille, and others. Hope this helps.

Another hotel option might be the Doubletree (not sure if it's still called that). It's at the foot of the Sunrise bridge across the street from the Neiman Marcus at the Galleria Mall.

It's now called the Gallery One (by Doubletree).

Other options not mentioned:

Marriott Beach Place (this is closest to the most restaurants and CVS)

Westin beach

Ritz Carlton

Courtyard by Marriott beach

Bahia Mar

Sheraton beach

Best Western Oceanside--a little further than the others but is still a reasonable walk to places and is closest to the port.

Lago Mar and Marriott Harbor Beach are nice resorts but are too far to walk to anything outside of the property.

Thanks for all of the replies.

It gives me some places to research.

We have stayed at the Gallery One (before the name change?)

I liked it being on the water taxi route, but wanted something on the beach with more of a "resort" feel.

The only one I have looked into is the Sheraton Clipper that is being renovated only because my husband gets a corporate rate, now I have some others to compare. Thank you for the help.

Thanks for all of the replies.

It gives me some places to research.

We have stayed at the Gallery One (before the name change?)

I liked it being on the water taxi route, but wanted something on the beach with more of a "resort" feel.

The only one I have looked into is the Sheraton Clipper that is being renovated only because my husband gets a corporate rate, now I have some others to compare. Thank you for the help.

The 2 nice resort-feel hotels are just too far away from things, but the Sheraton should be good enough and isn't rediculously far from things.

Archived