Quest Visa Problems in Cambodia

Jade13

Does anyone have any information on Quest having Visa problems recently in Cambodia?

Someone just reported on our roll call that someone else on our cruise has friends who just got off Quest a couple of weeks ago and the ship had a major problem and was held in port in Cambodia for 5 days with visa problems. This was on a Singapore to Hong Kong itinerary which is interesting because (at least this year) the Hong Kong to Singapore route stops in Cambodia, and the Singapore to Hong Kong route stops in Halong Bay, Vietnam. Apparently they missed a number of ports which must have been in Vietnam.

I haven't heard anything about this on Cruise Critic. Any info?

I think that person is mistaken. I am corresponding by e-mail with Alexi from Moscow Russia who was on that cruise (Singapore to Hong Kong that just disembarked last week) and he said everything on his cruise was GREAT! I think he would have mentioned being held in port for five days and missing other ports.

In fact, I think if a ship had been held in port for five days it would have been actual news and covered if not just by the cruise press maybe even by the general press.

I think that person is mistaken. I am corresponding by e-mail with Alexi from Moscow Russia who was on that cruise (Singapore to Hong Kong that just disembarked last week) and he said everything on his cruise was GREAT! I think he would have mentioned being held in port for five days and missing other ports.

In fact, I think if a ship had been held in port for five days it would have been actual news and covered if not just by the cruise press maybe even by the general press.

They said a couple of weeks ago so I'm thinking it would have been the previous cruise, so disembarkation sometime in December. I also think 5 days stuck in port would have made news so looking for more information.

I was on the Quest Dec.22-Jan. 9 sailing Singapore to Hong Kong and we had no stop in Cambodia at all nor any visa problems except for some dimwit passengers who failed to get their China visas before sailing and the ship had to make special arrangements for. The ship did offer a shore ex to Siem Reap/Angkor Wat but I didn't hear of any problems about that either. Perhaps someone got Quest confused with another cruiseline.

I was on the Quest Dec.22-Jan. 9 sailing Singapore to Hong Kong and we had no stop in Cambodia at all nor any visa problems except for some dimwit passengers who failed to get their China visas before sailing and the ship had to make special arrangements for. The ship did offer a shore ex to Siem Reap/Angkor Wat but I didn't hear of any problems about that either. Perhaps someone got Quest confused with another cruiseline.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=783489&page=16

This is a total guess but I am wondering if there was a problem with Visas for a ships ShoreX going to Cambodia, which I believe on that itinerary would have been from Bangkok. In that case a group got stuck in Cambodia but that doesn't explain how the ship was in port for 5 days, except perhaps the group was "in port' for 5 days. It would be helpful if we found out exactly which cruise date.

Is it possible that the cruise referred to was a full charter? Azamara does several of those but they would not appear on the official schedule and pax would be less likely to post on CC. Just a guess as none of the scheduled cruises report such an incident. If so, I would regard the matter as a fluke and not worry about anything.

Hi Everyone !

There are some new posts on that thread today, which appear to explain what may have happened. This is not fact, and is based on others comments, so I can not confirm any of it. If I am reading it right, it sounds like a few folks on an excursion with a tour company, may have had a problem. It does not appear to have involved the entire ship. Here is a link to the thread :

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=783489&page=16

This is a total guess but I am wondering if there was a problem with Visas for a ships ShoreX going to Cambodia, which I believe on that itinerary would have been from Bangkok. In that case a group got stuck in Cambodia but that doesn't explain how the ship was in port for 5 days, except perhaps the group was "in port' for 5 days. It would be helpful if we found out exactly which cruise date.

Apparently my guess was correct. This was the Shorex from Bangkok to Siem Reap, and apparently the tour company had a problem with the Vietnam Visa's so those passengers missed Saigon and had to meet up with the ship in Hanoi. The confusion was "the ship was held in port for 5 days" when it was some passengers were in port for 5 days. I think this was a ship excursion otherwise my understanding is that individuals can get Visa's at the airport.

Archived