additional charges on Rhapsody Of The Seas

We have just booked on ROS for NYE this year. Have previously cruised P&O and Princess only. Can anyone advise me with a few queries.......

The video arcade....is there a charge for this?

Do they have soda cards and coffee cards? (like Princess)

which dining areas have charges and which do not (apart from dining room and buffet) like different restaurants? Pizza?

I saw that there isnt a self serve laundry..Do most people just take enough for the length of cruise or use the ships laundry service? any idea on cost of this also. (as we are family of 4, on previous cruises, have used laundry couple times...as much as I dont like it. lol)

Is there a fridge in the interior rooms?

Thank you very much in advance. Fiona:)

We have just booked on ROS for NYE this year. Have previously cruised P&O and Princess only. Can anyone advise me with a few queries.......

The video arcade....is there a charge for this? Yes there is, but can´t help with the cost.

Do they have soda cards and coffee cards? (like Princess) Yes there are Soda cards, no coffee cards. Soda cards are for unlimited fountain Soda and fountain soda only. It´s $6 per day per person for adults and $4 for kids. Gratuity will be added and you have to buy it for the entire cruise.

which dining areas have charges and which do not (apart from dining room and buffet) like different restaurants? Pizza? No specialty dining on Rhapsody, so no extra cost besides a service charge for Room service during night hours.

I saw that there isnt a self serve laundry..Do most people just take enough for the length of cruise or use the ships laundry service? any idea on cost of this also. (as we are family of 4, on previous cruises, have used laundry couple times...as much as I dont like it. lol) I just take enough for the length of the trip, others probably go another route. Laundry prices are reasonable though IMO.

Is there a fridge in the interior rooms?

As far as I know on Rhapsody there are none in the interiors. I think they are in balcony rooms and up.

Thank you very much in advance. Fiona:)

Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Fiona

In answer to your question on fridges in interior staterooms...yes there are fridges in all staterooms. We have sailed in an interior room before and we are 12 days away from doing an 8 night Tassie cruise again in an interior.

From RCCL information:

"Also includes minibar, hair-dryer, TV, phone, safe, vanity table with an extendable working surface, and 110/220 electrical outlets. Some have Pullman beds and can accommodate 3-4 guests." (Minibar = Fridge)

I'm sure you will love the experience and luxury that awaits you next NYE.

Phil

Hi Fiona

In answer to your question on fridges in interior staterooms...yes there are fridges in all staterooms. We have sailed in an interior room before and we are 12 days away from doing an 8 night Tassie cruise again in an interior.

From RCCL information:

"Also includes minibar, hair-dryer, TV, phone, safe, vanity table with an extendable working surface, and 110/220 electrical outlets. Some have Pullman beds and can accommodate 3-4 guests." (Minibar = Fridge)

I'm sure you will love the experience and luxury that awaits you next NYE.

Phil

Nice to hear that they seem to have upgraded the interior rooms on Rhapsody with mini-bars, though the RCCL website still doesn´t list them for anything below balcony rooms.

NO ... there are not fridges in all standard interiors. I was in an interior cabin on deck 7 over Christmas/NY this year and there was not one in there.

As for laundry, there were several days where they offerd a "fill the bag" special. For a set price ($15-25, I forget off hand), you could fill a bag with as many underwear, t-shirts, shorts, and PJs as you can fit in and be charged one price. You can't put anything else in, but it ended up being a money saver. I had one dress shirt cleaned and pressed it and that ended up costing a few dollars.

NO ... there are not fridges in all standard interiors. I was in an interior cabin on deck 7 over Christmas/NY this year and there was not one in there.

This doesn't sound so good!! We are booked in interior stateroom 7111 sailing 18 Feb. We had an interior on deck 3 back in April 2009 and it included a fridge, so assumed they would all be similar. The information from RCCL quoted in my post above is for standard interior staterooms. One could logically expect that would apply to all interior staterooms. Well we won't let it spoil our cruise!!

Phil

:)

Hi Fiona

We cruised on Rhapsody in Nov 08 from Sydney in an outside cabin and I had to request a fridge as my medication had to be refrigerated. We arrived at our cabin as our steward was carrying the fridge in. Its small and just chills but she would bring us ice for our drinks as often as we wanted. I also took a few cartons of cans onboard as we do not like fountain drinks - I have also heard stories of how dirty the pipes can get . There are a few posts of people who fly in getting cartons of drinks near the OPT - see the OZ P&O and search. Search my profile as I did 4 fairly lengthy reports on Rhapsody NOV or Dec 08 - the ship, the food, the crew and the entertainment.

With 4 it will be a fairly expensive exercise getting washing done

I use laundrys ashore- see some of my posts re this

Which ports are you going to and I can advise

Di

Archived