9201 on conquest-class ship?

OntarioTraveller

We are planning to book a Freedom cruise and are considering cabin 9201, 4J at the very front of the ship. There seems to be mixed feelings on this board. Does anyone have firsthand knowledge or pictures from a conquest class ship?

It is an obstructed view on the Lido deck. It seems to be smaller than a regular cabin. It is flanked by HC cabins (9202, 9203) which we know are larger but we wouldn't book for fear of getting bumped.

We love the idea of being on the Lido deck where everything is and having access to the outdoor front deck, we hope to use the Serenity deck which is just above it. We don't mind that the view is obstructed (just having daylight is good).

It is the price of an inside which seems like a good deal.

BUT, how small is the cabin? Is it noisy due to the outside door beside it?

I'm afraid it may not be as good as it seems.

Any comments before we book?

Many thanks!

• 1 year later...

I see where they are taking these cabins on the Valor and making them a scenic oceanview with full length windows.

The conversion is during dry dock.

So if you can grab it now as it is still an inside 4J- grab it.

I see where they are taking these cabins on the Valor and making them a scenic oceanview with full length windows.

The conversion is during dry dock.

So if you can grab it now as it is still an inside 4J- grab it.

Just curious if they will do the same with the Liberty that is going into drydock in October :rolleyes:

We are planning to book a Freedom cruise and are considering cabin 9201, 4J at the very front of the ship. There seems to be mixed feelings on this board. Does anyone have firsthand knowledge or pictures from a conquest class ship?

It is an obstructed view on the Lido deck. It seems to be smaller than a regular cabin. It is flanked by HC cabins (9202, 9203) which we know are larger but we wouldn't book for fear of getting bumped.

We love the idea of being on the Lido deck where everything is and having access to the outdoor front deck, we hope to use the Serenity deck which is just above it. We don't mind that the view is obstructed (just having daylight is good).

It is the price of an inside which seems like a good deal.

BUT, how small is the cabin? Is it noisy due to the outside door beside it?

I'm afraid it may not be as good as it seems.

Any comments before we book?

Many thanks!

We had cabin 9202 on the Triumph this past January and really loved it. Not exactly sure how it compares to Conquest class, but should be somewhat similar. The "obstructed view" is simply the handrailing outside on the "secret deck"! Looking out your window, you can see fine. I have pictures on cruise line rooms dot com, if you care to check them out. I believe there are some of cabin # 9292 on the Conquest as well. Looking forward to booking this cabin again in the near future. :D

We stayed in 9201 on the Triumph which is the same front of ship layout on Lido as the Conquest class ships. We enjoyed it! The window is tented and nobody can see in during the day. The curtains cover the entire window when it's closed and very few people use the from deck (it is very windy while in motion). The room is about the same size as a standard inside cabin. The only difference being the position of the bed. We never had any noise issues.

Archived