Honestly: Have you ever cried when you had to get off the ship for the last time?

Have you ever had a tear roll down your cheek, or bawled like a baby when you had a wonderful time and then your cruise was just *over*.

Or, maybe you cried because of your final bill? :eek:

Yes - on all 3 of my previous cruises, I could be found standing on our balcony (or in the case of the second cruise, sitting in the window seat at the front of the ship) watching the sunset in St. Thomas crying like a baby!:o I'm sure that's where I'll be on April 10th this year too!:o

I think I would cry less if they didn't START the departure process on day 3 of the cruise!!! :eek:

They start reminding you that it is time to get off on day 3 when they give you that little survey that asks how and when you are leaving the port city on the day of departure.

We are barely on the ship and they are reminding us that we are leaving! :eek:

I have been sad, my husband dreads the final bill. My 11 year old daughter did have tears well up after out Liberty cruise 18 months ago. I will admit - that was the best cruise ever for all of us!

Just curious - what made it the best cruise???

We have one too - our Adventure cruise in 2006 :D

I've never cried but been incredibly sad and the post cruise blues are real and hurt bad. I love my own home and my own bed but I don't like the shopping for the food and the washing up! I am so glad to have a cruise to look forward to and plan for but sometimes I get a touch of the blues just reading wonderful reviews (especially Trainman-2) and the yearning to 'Get Out There' is tangible.

Yes, I honestly have...on our Splendour cruise, but it was because of our wait staff at MDR. We had a girl from Romania and we fell in love with her, we hugged and cried crocodile tears the last night, I think I would have adopted her, but she had a little boy back home and she made enough from one contract period on Splendour to pay for her law school expenses in Romania, she was to become a solicitor she called it! She was the best, so sad to leave her.

Never. I just treat it as any other vacation. It was fun but it's time to go home.

I have done month long vacations to South Pacific, Asia, Africa, Europe and South America. Each one left many good memories but when the plane was approaching the runway at the Tampa airport, I was smiling inside. Same with the 2 cruises I did, a 14 and 11 day cruise. Both were fabulous but I didn't look back once I left the ship. No problems.

As we make the long drive home after a cruise, the first time we stop at a restaurant for a meal is a depressing experience for me.

At Crapplebees and other such roadside places, they don't unfold your napkin for you, they don't come around with a selection of breads to choose from, they don't ask you if you enjoyed yourself today, they don't sweep the crumbs off the table for you, they don't bring you extra stuff just because they know your tastes and think you'll like it, etc.

And the worst part is when I realize that I'm about to leave a tip that is very close to what I left my MDR waiter for each day. I'm unable to decide between-

A: I was a jerk for not tipping that guy more than $7 a day (two people)

or

B: I'm a sucker for leaving a $6 tip here at Crapplebees

or

C: Both.

Cry after a cruise? Not a chance! As that bus pulls away from the dock en route to the airport I sneek a few last looks at that beautiful cruise ship and thank her for the wonderful time I just had. I feel like celebrating, because despite all the things that could have gone wrong and prevented me from having a great vacation, it was wonderful ... and I'm packing days of special memories away.

The cruise didn't end, after all. It just entered the treasured memory stage.

I've never cried when I left, but I DO spend WAY too many weeks afterwards thinking about nothing but the cruise...and doing the annoying, "A week ago right now I was..." "Oh, if it was only two weeks ago..." "If only I had booked the cruise for THIS week, not LAST week."

I DID, however, mist up when I entered the Liberty in Nov and saw the Promenade for my first time. It's NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING compared to the millions of pictures I've seen of the various RCCL promenades...

I always tell friends that they "Take me off the ship at gunpoint". Think I could wrap my arms around the stairwell railing and hang on for the entire next cruise.

Honestly, It's a good thing they don't allow my dog on board, going home to him is the BEST reason to leave!

Nope! However you will note long claw marks down the gangway as they drag me kicking and screaming to shore. Don't need to file my nails for a month after that..... :D

I was wondering who the other person getting dragged out alongside me was ...

My routine: I'll come home on a total high, spend a week or two posting on here about my great time, then eventually get depressed and avoid these boards until I start planning my next cruise.

I don't recall crying but at the end of each cruise I do feel emotional because my wife and I are stepping out of a magical world and back into the real world for a while. After 40 years of marriage we still experience on a cruise the joy and wonderment of a honeymoon. Being totally in love with a fantastic woman is awesome!!!

Archived